Author Topic: Adverts  (Read 7793 times)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
Re: Adverts
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2006, 14:51:16 »
very funny thread complet with fisticuffs I agree with ?? about the picture loans
I find it offensive as I have been through bad debt including that way out which
wasn't a way out but a way further in I'm glad to say through hard work and with the help of the CAB we'r out the other end and even kept our home and evenfinished paying for our home
sorry too be serious but that advert  GRRR
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2006, 15:41:42 »
An ex-boyfriend loves the British adverts saying that the ones in New Zealand were rubbish.
Not had a tv for 5 years now, but I do watch tv whenever I visit my mum. I love the Smash advert - the robot-type aliens. Can't stand Prunella Scales in the Tesco ads (though she is brilliant in Ladies of Letters with Patricia Routledge). I don't drink beer - but used to like the Hoffmeister snooker ad.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2006, 17:06:36 »
Quote -"Hard drive recorders, its the way forward, pause and fast forward live TV, its a god send!!"

We do this to avoid adverts, in fact we were recording TV one night and watching it the next to Fast-forward through the adverts

Quote -"With regard to the "face filler" make up gunk...do you all think they make the names of the ingredients up, I suppose if we really knew what went into them they would never sell...Tallow, Whale blubber...doesn't sound as good as boswalox serum SG4 does it  "

I can't tell you what our nickname for boswellox is in this house - but it starts with "Dogs" and is a slang for very very good!  ;D

Kathi :-)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2006, 17:19:33 »
Glad you got sorted out marge - I think those adverts should be banned as they make it all sound so simple yet their interest rates are very high & it all leads to more problems.
My funniest ad is the beer one where the dog went hurtling out of the window, always made me laugh & I am sure 'no animals were hurt during the filming etc'.
Perhaps I'll join Lorna & with me coat on!

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2006, 17:58:23 »
Have limited the amount of "telly with ads" that my 2 girls watch as every other ad seems to be for loans and debt consolidation companies. It's totally unacceptable that they are showing these ads between kids programmes.

What must they be learning from this? Even if they're really not paying attention, it's still sinking into their brains! I think I heard somewhere that Martin Lewis, the Radio2 money guy, has apparently launched a campaign to ban these kind of ads on children's channels.

Even more worrying - my eldest (6) can quote the whole of the "Churchill" advert - complete with Vic Revees style accent! ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2006, 13:10:03 »
Oh, that Churchill advert really gets on my nerves.   >:(   

I also hate Michael Winner adverts as they are so patronising.   >:( >:(

This is an extract from his awful website:

About me:
Hi, I'm Michael Winner. Welcome to MichaelSpace(!) You may remember me from such hilarious TV commercials as the Esure adverts. In fact, I'm sure you do. It's quite hard to forget the amusing catchphrase: "Calm down dear, it's a commercial."

He now has another Esure advert out and the video of it is on his website at: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=45234908

It's just as awful as the first and would in no way entice me to buy their insurance.......in fact the opposite, I would avoid it like the plague.   ::)

Does Michael Winner get up anyone elses nose? 

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2006, 16:01:15 »
Pauline. Yes he does ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2006, 16:29:13 »
trouble is we do remember what they are saying don't we. the name sticks in the back of the mind after the irritation wears off
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2006, 19:23:48 »
I remember him and the catchphrases, but not the name of the company, so the ads are a failure. :)

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2006, 08:19:25 »
There is some most entertaining ( i thought) remixed adverts here:

http://www.luckykazoo.com/2005/03/cillit-bang-remix.html

hope this works

Regards

Matt

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal