Author Topic: Adverts  (Read 7798 times)

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
Re: Adverts
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2006, 16:12:44 »
We have stopped mentioning ..you buy one, you get one free round here, if you were intrested, you dont. Its a con, the rep told us. Also when they come to survey they put their feet through pebble pools and wont admit to it.

Hope they dont cancel footie!

Regards

Matt

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2006, 17:09:33 »
Seeing as i am on the ignore button from misery guts would someone please tell him that maybe he should know who the site owner and moderator is do tell him it is DAN.  Then next time maybe know all will think twice before correcting people. Keef we are all adults here.  so go buy one get one free Hahaha.

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2006, 17:22:15 »
 ;D
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2006, 18:03:07 »

Your alteration is acceptable - thank you.

MY apologies to Heldi and others for interrupting an amusing thread.

What on earth is going on here :o As "an other" I'd like to point out that Dan has provided us with the facilities of private PM if one wishes, in gentlemanly fashion,  to comment to another poster on the suitability of a post and suggest it be modified or, in extremis, the prod-a-mod button to alert Dan to make a decision. Enough, surely?....

Back to TV adverts....there's this one I REALLY love....thing is at the moment can't remember it :-[  The Power of Advertising don't cut no ice with Penshners with short-term memory loss ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2006, 18:06:56 »
I can't get over that stinky little boy on the toilet who presses the spray but doesn't wash his hands after he's finished lol!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2006, 18:19:10 »
My gripe at this time of year in particular are the trillions of kids toy adverts to prep the little darlings for Christmas!  If I see barbie one more time!!  :-X  And our worlds worst annoying at the moment......all together now...'They're gunna taste great, they're gunna taste great........'  and 'he had dads pants in the middle of his roll, dads pants in the middle of his role.'  You can poke your Frosties anywhere you please, and as for dads pants......GGRR!

:P

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2006, 18:33:38 »
Heldi  and we all know you are quite capable of answering for yourself LOL.
I think nearly all the television adverts have been covered,.These days I watch very little television but years ago, probably before you were born Heldi the one that made me put the kettle on was the DAZ one. It went on and on. Better not repeat the language I used ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2006, 18:41:42 »
Better not repeat the language I used ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lorna, worse than repeating the language would be to substitute asterisks....trying to work out the last lot has made The Times crossword a doddle :P ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2006, 19:02:35 »
 ;D ;D Blimey Lish I can't even pronounce some of the words printed in the times :'(

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2006, 19:27:58 »
I don't read out loud, Lorna ;D

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2006, 19:59:34 »
Quote from: Alishka_Maxwell
worse than repeating the language would be to substitute asterisks....trying to work out the last lot has made The Times crossword a doddle :P ;D

Here's a clue! 
An expletive heard mainly in Ireland, often used there by respectable elderly ladies.   ;D

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2006, 20:12:56 »
I've changed it back to the orginal text now, what a load fuss about nothin i'm sure most will agree.
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2006, 20:14:17 »
DASH?

..mainly in Ir(elan)d = impetuosity/dash. 8) ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2006, 20:16:50 »
I've changed it back to the orginal text now, what a load fuss about nothin i'm sure most will agree.

Well, dash me! ;) Much ado about nothing or wot? :-\

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2006, 21:33:19 »

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2006, 21:50:39 »
Well I go away for the day and look what happens!

There is a tendency on all forums for people to try to get round the profanity filter - it is really quite easy to do....

However,

Please don't!

I know it seems gentle language to some, perhaps even most, but children do read this website, and I know parents give children access, and bar them from seeing the watershed.  I think that should be sufficient.

I know my comments will be taken by some as evidence of how boring I am, but hey ho!

That is all I've got to say on the issue.

Dan

PS
The most annoying advert in the world is .....

Anything with Carol Vorderman

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2006, 22:04:09 »
I got so sick of being told that Ricicles was Twicicles as Nicicles (as Whaticles?) when I was a kid that I just switched off ads. Nowadays I usually use ad breaks to get a cup of tea anyway, if I do happen to be watching the gogglebox.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2006, 22:07:57 »
hmm, surely the BEST advert has to be the Walls advert with the scrotty little dog fighting its owner for the sausages, charging after an imaginary cat and then hitting the window trying to get back in .... makes me laugh every time I see it. 

Sorry,small things ...

.... I'll get me coat

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2006, 22:13:40 »
No Dan the most boring advert is that stupid AA bloke upside a moving car flogging his breakdown cover, give me strength, we always mug the sound or make a cuppa.

Dan i do not think anyone on here thinks you are boring, in fact most of us applaud you for being so tolerant in certain circumstances.  I think you would make a lovely boss. ;D Giss a job Hahaha!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2006, 22:22:05 »
MC55 I have just cracked up by just being reminded of that one. Better get my coat as well. I am a dog lover ...honest.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal