Author Topic: Rant  (Read 1622 times)

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
Rant
« on: September 17, 2006, 21:17:41 »
Excuse the rant,

Went to the allotment this afternoon...enjoy the sunshine, do a bit of gentle weeding, usual stuff...

Got there, and found my lovely little shed on its side, along with 4 others, not to mention the damage to crops and fences...ohhh gosh I'm SO cross!

Spent all afternoon repairing my shed and helping others right theirs. Nothing stolen thankfully but ARRRRGGGGHHHHH

Can only guess it was drunks last night, why cant these people just go home and fall asleep???

Still all put back to normal (ish) and my compost heap did need turning I Guess  ??? ;D police were very nice! came out and everything, not a lot they can do though.

Rant over

Thanks folks!

Matt

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: Rant
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 22:25:32 »
 Very sorry to hear that news.>:( Barstewards >:( not drunks >:(  Probs looking for power tools ??? I'll bet all the sheds that were turned over were padlocked? ??? That appears to be a new way of breaking in and easy by the looks of it. >:(

I just hope the trend doesn't catch on round by us :o I'll be driving some fencing spikes/posts in each corner of my shed as soon as I can get up there in the hope that  it will deter them. :(

Clever thinking on their part but so sad for you and your lottie folk that have suffered. >:( :'(

Not much help for you but we are gratefull you have shared this with us so we can at least try and find a way of combating the Filth >:(

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 22:33:13 »
Like Roy so sorry to hear that. Why can't people leave other people's property alone. I get so cross.. I have  rope and post right round the boundary of my side garden (My bungalow is on a bend) One year all the post caps had been kicked off over a period of 4 Sat nights, my son sat out there in his van one Sat hoping to catch them. I have just renewed them all, wonder how long they will be there for?
Lorna

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 10:56:13 »
Thanks for your kind words, I have calmed down a bit now!

Be careful, I had 4 Four foot metal spikes curved at the top and driven through the base to stop the shed getting blown over, in this case, the base was left in position, they knocked the top off!

My idea, thats being put into practice later today (hopefully) is to get some "Metspikes" and fence posts, 2 at the front and 2 at the back, then drill through and secure the shed into a frame, hopefully that should slow the next lot of vandals up a bit!

Regards

Matt

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 11:30:51 »
What a mean and nasty thing to do to your shed, Matty! You have my sympathy!  Hope you can manage to get it up and protected.  It makes me so annoyed that people can be so horrible!  >:( :( busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 12:24:15 »
Matty - well done - calming? - it would take me a month!!

No2 Daughter went to the car - in London - this am - to take the 3 children to school - AND?- 3 tyres were flat.

It really makes you spit?

Get them - make them blow up the tyres by mouth - take the children to school -do the shopping. - pay for the hassle..........'learn 'em', as they say?

Squashfan

• Acre
  • Ah, gardening!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 16:23:23 »
Grrr, matty, sounds like it was professional thieves - such weasels! Some days I think that people who do this kind of stuff should be... >:( but no, I'm a nice person. Sorry to hear about it.
This year it's squash.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 21:28:32 »

My idea, thats being put into practice later today (hopefully) is to get some "Metspikes" and fence posts, 2 at the front and 2 at the back, then drill through and secure the shed into a frame, hopefully that should slow the next lot of vandals up a bit!

Regards

Matt

;) Sounds like a great idea :D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 21:38:22 »
Unfortunately there is no deterent.  I am sad at the state of this country.  Hard labour would be too good for them.

Poor wee shed (s)!
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 08:22:16 »
Thanks for all your kind words.

Surprised to find a picture of my little shed over the front page of the local rag, must have been a slow news week!

Lets hope it throws open a few new lines of enquiry

Regards

Matt
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 08:25:40 by MattyJC »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal