Author Topic: my sweetcorn not good  (Read 4597 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: my sweetcorn not good
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 07:00:14 »
Most due for the freezer. Couldn't eat all that in a day - & that's the time to eat it!  Blanch 4 mins & double wrap in clingfilm. But trying a few unblanched this year.

Cooking? In water.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 13:38:58 by tim »

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 10:05:24 »
Blimey Tim - that's a lot of corn! I reckon next year I'll be up to about 40, though tend to pick them in dribs and drabs because of when they're ready. And then try and get them into the freezer before hubby spots them... it's one veg he'll eat loads of! What variety did you grow?

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 13:42:22 »
Apart from those mentioned, Swift - which was swift - & should have been picked before the others. So, in the event, not up to standard.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 21:13:44 »
Emma Jane, with regard to the Minipops, the tassels have started to appear.  We have harvested six cobs.  I know it may sound stupid, inas much as I have enjoyed mini sweetcorn from halfway round the globe, the flavour of the  home grown was soooo  superior, it was unbelievable!!

We are not going to get many more from the plants, but what we get will be well worth the effort of growing them.

valmarg

billyish

• Not So New ...
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2006, 20:23:20 »
cheers one and all thanks for the info
MY PRINCES

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal