Author Topic: hello from somerset!  (Read 2962 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: hello from somerset!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 00:45:28 »
Priddy beings back some memories; I used to camp on the green occasionally when I want caving. Swildon's was the first I ever went down.

bunjies

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 00:50:36 »
how cool is that!! i have done swildons hole too! i even did the sump and i am terrified of putting my head underwater :o
it is because of caving that i ended up in priddy drinking mendip magic in the 1st place......
did you use the incredibly sophisticated changing facilities in the hayloft in the barn before you did swildons?
'blood sweat and tears really don't matter, just the things that you do in this garden'

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 09:16:32 »
We did, are they still there? The second time I went down it I did the short round trip that comes out below Sump 1. I'd always had the horrors about being underwater since I nearly drowned when I was 4, but I think it cured me.

bunjies

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006, 16:49:20 »
it didnt cure me, but at least i am only wary of going underwater now, not filled with terror!
i personally wouldnt do the sump again even though i actually enjoyed it the first time ::)
'blood sweat and tears really don't matter, just the things that you do in this garden'

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 18:44:47 »
I'd be quite happy doing Sump 1, but I can't see myself trying Sump 2!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal