Author Topic: Lawn Invader  (Read 3043 times)

gillianbc

• Quarter Acre
Lawn Invader
« on: April 03, 2004, 20:51:01 »
My neighbour's front lawn has become totally invaded with something and I haven't a clue what it is.  The weeds are small and creeping and no more than an inch high.  They have pale green, hairy leaves that are oblanceolate shaped (I had to look that up).  

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
Re:Lawn Invader
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 21:44:45 »
Daisies??   ;)  ;D

Lots of different speedwells, some have downy, ovate leaves, or possibly hawkweed ?
Need a pic Gill, as it will definitely be in my weedy lawn!!   :)
Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 08:56:00 »
Try to get a piccie.I had a lawn invader up to last year with deep purple flowers but i think fingers crossed that i got rid of it with weed and feed.Doesn't seem to be any in it this time and there were more of these purple flowers than lawn.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 21:50:16 »
I have lots of lawn weeds  >:( which drive me mad, but as the kids tromp all over it all year long, come rain or shine, I just try to keep 'em under control.  Would be interested if you could post a pic or a link to a pic so I could compare to mine.  :)

gillianbc

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 22:45:40 »
I will try and get a pic tomorrow.  It's not something I've ever seen before and has covered a 20ft square area in one season.  

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 17:07:09 »
the purple flowers could well be Self -Heal. (Prunella vulgaris).....so called 'cos once was used to staunch wounds and promote healing
Happy gardening, Robin x

gillianbc

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 13:29:37 »
I did spend a while on the internet trying to find something like it but I didn't recognise it as anything. I only see my neighbour once a week or so and I don't want to take a photo without asking him first as he might think me a bit odd.

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 15:01:49 »
Thanks RR.Have Googled it .Yes it certainly could have been of that family.I see that there is a creeping one,which is more likely the one that got me..Very invasive it was but i have got my beady eye open for any more invasions.Zap it will be killed dead.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal