Author Topic: Photobucket help - please!  (Read 1358 times)

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
Photobucket help - please!
« on: August 25, 2006, 15:31:00 »
Hello all,
I have been posting some pics and am holding my hands up as a culprit of posting huge pictures. (sorry  :-[).  I am using photobucket to host my photos and using the edit> resize function doesn't seem to work.  Is there something I need to do when I originally save the pictures to my computer from the camera?  I've also tried to change the size using Microsoft Photo Editor thingy and resized them to 75% but this also didn't seem to do anything.
I know this question has probably been posted a million times but I tried the search and couldn't seem to find an answer.  I hope I can get this sorted cos I know it is a b***ache for people with slow internet connections (plus I can't see my pics properly!)

Thanks in advance...

:)
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Curryandchips

• Hectare
Re: Photobucket help - please!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 15:50:06 »
You say using photoeditor didnt do anything when you resized? Are you sure you used the resize function (in the image pull down menu), or did you merely alter the size at which you view in photoeditor (ie from 100% to 75% for example). And having resized, you reuploaded the image to photobucket, and inserted a new link?

This works for me, and by viewing the image on photoeditor at 100%, you can see the actual size onscreen.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 15:52:22 by Curry »
The impossible is just a journey away ...

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 15:51:38 »
 :(

I am no computer whizz, but found photobucket easy to use. My pics were put on at 50% their original size, that made them 597x400-133k. That seems ok for this forum.

Cannot offer any other help, try again, maybe?

???

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 15:55:49 »
Thanks for the advice guys, glad someone know what they are doing, left to me it would be a disaster!

Curry - I think you have solved the Microsoft Editor problem for me - I had done it right (image>resize>etc) but was viewing on 125% so it still looked huge, therefore I thought no change had occured!  So when I have made them the right size on my computer, when I upload them to photobucket, will they be an okay size to post here?   ???
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 16:12:22 »
A degree of trial and error is necessary here to determine the ideal size. I would suggest you resize the image down to 75% in photoeditor, until you have a size you are happy with. This can be a shade laborious, so look at it as a learning event. Keep going through this loop, resizing, uploading to photobucket, then reposting your link, until you are comfortable with the final size. If you now examine the size of the image in pixels, then this is your target size for future images. For me this is about 500 pixels wide. Hope this helps ...  :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 16:16:33 by Curry »
The impossible is just a journey away ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal