Author Topic: What are you sowing now?  (Read 888 times)

silly billy

• Acre
What are you sowing now?
« on: August 25, 2006, 15:22:59 »
Just wondering what if anything can be sown now? I have bare patches and it seems a same not to plant anything in them.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

Squashfan

• Acre
  • Ah, gardening!
Re: What are you sowing now?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 15:26:07 »
Hola Billy,
Just put in the last of the purple sprouting broccoli and curly kale. I'm waiting until late October to plant garlic, some onions and broad beans. Radishes are good for quick crops too but I always forget them and wind up with giant woody horrors... :(
This year it's squash.

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 15:29:20 »
Brassicas, winter onions

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 15:51:16 »
I've just sown Spinach - Bordeaux and lettuce - Fristina.

Tricia

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 16:41:29 »
about to sow lots of oriental salads + spinach + pak choi + spring cabbages and later when the greenhouse is cleared and I can actually get in to work  ;D I'll be sowing more salad type things and maybe some brocolli to overwinter and at some point the winter onions and garlic will be planted outside

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 22:46:46 »
All of that, and I use Miners lettuce or Claytonia.... have some spare seed if you want. Empty space? get some tares or Ryegrass in as green manure and turn in later...
 ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal