Author Topic: Germination - parsnips and carrots.  (Read 2962 times)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Germination - parsnips and carrots.
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 13:27:59 »
A length of deep guttering will avoid the hassle of cutting drainpipe lengthways... the rectangular section stuff doesn't tip over as easily!
 ;D

delboy

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 22:53:58 »
This year has been pants.
'Cept for the parsnips started off in loo roll centres, and the carrots grown in tubs at home. Everything else - pants.
Next year it will be loo roll centres and a mix of multipurpose and soil for both carrots and parsnips.
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about?

LILACSPLASH

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 23:08:52 »
mine in the ground were rubbish too, but I did sow some in tubes. these did ok for a time then didn't go any further so I decided to put them out at the end of june time. At the same time I sowed carrots and parsnips in the ground on the off chance and for something to do and they are now all going good guns
;D
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

LILACSPLASH

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 23:17:26 »
pink to red leaves are due to athasianin (hope I spelt it right) production in the leaves. this is a natural responce to the hot weather, plants sun tan lotion if you like...
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 23:34:50 »
well that makes sense.  don't suppose that's why some of my (bloomed) lilies leaves have gone dark purple would it ?
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal