Author Topic: Just a quick question.  (Read 2455 times)

greenfingered fiend

• Not So New ...
  • It's not much - but it's mine!!!
Just a quick question.
« on: August 08, 2006, 20:10:52 »
Could someone tell me if this competition is for kids or not? Judging by the links I thought it was

My little'n r gets disheartened when he doesn't get a vote because everyone votes for the "really good ones". When I look there are a lot of "professional!" images.

Thanks for your replies.

GF.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Just a quick question.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 23:13:53 »
Well, I wouldn't say it isn't for kids - especially as one of the photos I recently entered was taken by my daughter - but I guess it is aimed at the posting members - not that your children can't enter of course.

It is always incredibly hard to judge, and to be honest, I don't, I tend to let my children choose their favourite as I can never choose a favourite.   I think with digital cameras becoming better and better, the photos are going to keep getting more and more amazing.

Just so your little one doesn't get too disheartened, my photos often go unvoted.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:55:43 »
Tell your little'un not to be too upset GF - my photos very rarely get a vote.  Big hugs for little'un :-* ;D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 14:58:18 »

Same here. I often dont get many/any votes yet my entries are the best i can offer and in my opinion are as good as many of the more 'popular' entries.

I think if you want votes you should go for pictures of the following: Cute animals, close ups of wildlife, any amazing/unusual/close ups of plants or ones featuring cute kids. Personaly I havent got the first, cant do the second, try my best of the third and dont have/know any of the last! So I cant really compete very well can I?

My advice is, keep trying and dont let your little'n get disheartened. Who knows one day you might enter the photo that makes everyone go 'ahhhh' and vote for it!

greenfingered fiend

• Not So New ...
  • It's not much - but it's mine!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 21:01:47 »
I guess that clears that up - sort of.

The reason I posed the question is because if you go down to the main forum page then scroll down to Gallery immediately underneath it clearly says - "Child Boards - Competition" our assumption was this was just for kiddies.

Cheers now.

GF.

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 21:41:20 »
sad to hear your wean's a little disheartened by lack of votes
i thought it was just a reminder not to post any distasteful images because children are also able to post on this thread
lots of us don't get any votes & for the past couple of months i haven't received any votes so tell him/her not to be too sad
good luck for next months comp ;D
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 22:43:21 »
aha - I thought child board was some techy name for a section within a section.

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 08:31:18 »
EJ - you are correct, child board is a 'techie' term meaning the Competition board is a subset of The Gallery.

Had not thought of the 'kiddie board' meaning!

It is a generic term used by all forums, wonder how many peeps around the world think it has a different meaning!

If anyone wants to organise a competition for kids, then let me know.

Cheers

Dan

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 09:27:43 »
learn something new everyday ;D
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal