Author Topic: celandine take-over  (Read 1543 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
celandine take-over
« on: March 30, 2004, 18:38:16 »
Praise has recently been given to this stuff - but it's a disaster here - carpeting everything - lawn, beds .....
SO - any kind way of exterminating?? = Tim

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
Re:celandine take-over
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 19:12:02 »
We have a beautiful carpet of celandines at the back of the site.  Truly heart-warming on a cold spring morning.  And they're kept well under control - nobody need do anything.  They know their place, and they stay there.

All down to the wonders of companion planting - what a magically wonderful concept!

Just a pity that the effective companion is Japanese Knotweed  >:(  >:(  >:(    B*gg*r!  And not a great help to you - except perhaps to reassure you that there are worse?  ???

All best - Gavin

Hugh_Jones

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 21:47:26 »
Sorry tim, but I suppose you`ve already tried using black polythene. Failing that I`m afraid that the only way I can think of is the unkind way - out of a nasty little bottle.  You have my sympathy.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 22:42:22 »
aha...had to google it to see what it was.  We have it at our lottie, I think, growing along the bank of the stream.  Yellow buttercup like flowers?  Does look lovely underneath the brambles, and it isn't on my patch, so even lovlier!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal