Author Topic: Hello To You All...  (Read 14914 times)

Shas

• Quarter Acre
Re: Hello To You All...
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2006, 16:46:45 »
Hi Baggie,
Luv you!! Given us hope for the future!  Thought ours was bad after not being worked for over a year, but not nearly as bad as yours.  Only had ours 3 weeks, so can sympathise with the mares tail.  Have taken before pics, but can't post 'em coz I can't find the leady thing you do it with! Must check grand-daughters toybox, that's where we usually find stuff.
Great fun for kids down the lotty.  Little g'daughter (6 on Wed) goes frog and butterfly hunting.
You'll get all the help and encouragement you need here, along with a lot of laughs.
Good luck mate!!
PS Where's all this rain?  None in Lancashire as yet. Just when I hoped................oh well, can't win 'em all.  Back to the hosepipe!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2006, 18:39:41 »
It's been in Birmingham most of the day. when I got to the plot, it had rained about 1/4 inch, and was still coming down intermittently. Everything looked well wet, though inevitably the soil was dry less than an inch down, and the stream was belting through.

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2006, 22:22:17 »
Nee nor nee nor nee nor , wonder where thats going to i thought as i heard a fire engine in the distance.

Straight to our plot that's where :o :o :o.

Went to plot tonight and found that a brother of a plot holder by us, had been with a chainsaw and cut every conifer tree down (what a star). The secretary of the site came up and said as there was no wind we should burn what we could.

So i did every single conifer tree. Two other plot holders also came and helped us. But apparently someone had phoned the fire brigade saying they could see 13ft flames  :o :o :o.

Anyway fireman Sam came and wasen't amused , at least by the time he came all the trees were burnt ;D ;D.

He gave the fire a quick check and said make sure it's out by the time you go..

Another job done

LILACSPLASH

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2006, 23:29:13 »
yours is like mine was.... apparently 10 years in the making!, all I can say is you'll be a payed up member of the pyro club before it's clear :o it's not what you can see that should worry you...it's what's burried and what you dig up that you should worry about :P
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2006, 23:46:47 »
Did find a dead fox tonight as well. Looked like he had got trapped and died, goodjob my little boy dident see it he would of been broken hearted. He woulden't even let me near a centipede i found , incase the shovel hurt him.

The fox did look like he'd been there for a while tho . 

What did you find buried then  :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 23:49:59 by baggieboy »

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2006, 18:04:22 »
That allotment looks just like our Tracy's (Bunjy). even down to the old shed.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Chocolate

• Half Acre
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2006, 22:06:04 »
Flippin' heck Shirlton I'm so glad mine wasn't as bad as Baggieboy!!!
Mind, bags I your chicken run Boy, you've set me off I've got to have
one of those, with six lovely chucks in it.
 :D :D

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2006, 21:59:04 »
Hi there again.

Been going to the allotment with my mom and son (Ellis) for a couple of hours a night now. Last bit of rubbish needs moving and the last few bits of wood e.t.c needs burning. Then the fun begins , loads of diggin and then some  :o and then some more. Also gonna dig the old boundaries up and the path in the middle.

Saw 2 kittens today which my son thought was cool but im not gonna feed them ever because it will encourage them to keep returning

After the last of the rubbish is removed etc and it's all been dug ill start to plan out the raised beds and paths e.t.c. Anyway thanks for reading and heres some photos from today.

Ill post again in a few weeks.

From the front of allotment

Our Apple Tree

The rest of the Allotment team . My Mom and my 3yr old son Ellis

Another from different angle

The rubbish on the right is the last little bit to clear

And another veiw with the last bit of wood n stuff

This is a little room in one of the tin sheds at the back. The plan is to cut a skylight in the roof And turn into a room with desks in for mine and my brothers kids to draw and paint the different things we grow.

Another room witch looks as though it was used for keeping birds in

And finally the potting shed at the back.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 22:01:30 by baggieboy »

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2006, 22:29:53 »
Baggie. Brilliant, what a difference when you look at today's pics and then go back to the pics you posted on 5th..Lovely phto of Ellis and your Mum. .Good luck.
Lorna

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2006, 22:48:35 »
thanks....

Totally loving it Lorna, and good thing is when i'm there i don't smoke half as much.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2006, 23:05:32 »
Good for you (re smoking) I only smoke between 2 to 4 a day but still keep trying to give up completely. Meant to say in last post you have got plenty of space (most important) to set up your break area. Teapot, kettle etc etc.
Lorna

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2006, 08:12:46 »
Lorna, hadn't you noticed in that last pic? Baggy's already GOT a teapot ;D

Well, I've just looked at all the pics again and many many congratulations to you, your mum and little Ellis - you make a winning team 8) Incredible, the work you've done there & what brill outhouses you've got. Lovely idea to turn one of the rooms over to the children too. Have a happy autumn digging - you gonna save some of that rubbish to be burned for 5th November? All the children'd just love that ;D

pete10

• Half Acre
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2006, 08:58:03 »

Great work Baggie . Done in real quick time .

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2006, 09:07:19 »
Lish . I told my optician these expensive glasses are useless ;D Sorry Baggie!!

TheGrowingFamily

• Quarter Acre
  • Warrington, Cheshire
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2006, 16:21:38 »
Well done.
What a fantastic job you and your mum have done and in such a short period of time.

TGF  :D

ann hunter

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2006, 18:39:23 »
I am full of admiration for you and what you have achieved in SUCH a short time, WELL DONE!!!
My little girl was about the same age as your son when I first got an alottment, she now has a small lot (on mine) of her own and is really knows alot about plants and beasties and things. And a first rate scrumper as well!!!
Look forward to watching the progress.
Ann-Louise
when the going gets tough..........

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2006, 23:35:49 »
thanks for the kind words

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2006, 19:35:41 »
inspirational mate.  you've all done superbly.

well done !

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2006, 21:18:36 »
Thanks for all the kind words.

Just wanted to let you all now , that one of the allotment team turned into a little man today and started nursery. I have been worried sick for weeks worrying about him, but i shoulden't have . Ellis you done me proud yet again.

When he came back he stuck his picture of a ' Cow on his allotment ' on the fridge and got changed. Instead of watching the T.V he came down the allotment.

Will update you all with the progress of the lottie at the end of the week with some more photos.

But for now heres the greatest friend iv'e ever had this morning.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2006, 21:25:35 »
oh don't you start and all.  Heldi's aready had me bawling all week !   8)

seriously though, your little lad has obviously got a good role model.  keep up the good work and congrats to Ellis.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal