Author Topic: Hello To You All...  (Read 14884 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: Hello To You All...
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2006, 22:22:10 »
 >:(

Baggie...mares tail...spawn of the devil! Check "search" at the top of your screen and see what folks have said about it.

It is a prehistoric plant though...the only interesting fact about it!

;)

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2006, 22:25:09 »
Someone mentioned mares tale today and said when we got to the stage of digging the plot e.t.c, we would have to make sure that it was totally got rid of.

ha ha, i don't think you ever get rid of it, theres loads of info on this site on things to try, I've just learned to live with it.  :-X don't believe i typed that!!!! I WILL NOT EVER LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT!!! I HATE IT!!!!

stand by for a load of messages....you mentioned 'the devil'

on the plus side, it makes the place look like an allotment, and to be honest it doesn't stop things growing. have a look around the plots and you'll find most people have some. keep the photos of your progress coming.
where in the great wide world is your plot?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 22:27:46 by weedbusta »

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2006, 22:47:18 »
Place called Wednesbury in sunny West Bromwich .

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2006, 23:03:33 »
You an Albion man then Baggie? Roy, Robert and I are from Brum - Villa supporter meself ;D

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2006, 23:17:41 »
yeah boing boing. Can't beleive you lot have got Martin 'O Neil  :o

Signing of the season. Where in Brum are you?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2006, 23:47:11 »
Ladywood, though I'm actually 'from' Oxford. Don't support anyone, football bores me to tears.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 23:52:35 »
And I'm from the Home of The Salmonella Sweeties :o - B'ville. Haven't got a lottie but we've got biiiiiiig gardens in B'ville.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2006, 23:56:26 »
Our daughter's down the road at Cotteridge/King's Norton

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2006, 00:00:01 »
Good heavens,Ms Controller, we're near neighbours - small world, eh?

wivvles

• Half Acre
  • This week I 'ave mostly been digging...
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2006, 08:52:25 »
Place called Wednesbury in sunny West Bromwich .

Does the sun shine in West Bromwich? ;D
I was always taught that it was the Dark Side...

Good luck with the plot mate - and in the Championship this year (but not 22 October or 11 March... ;))

Nagaraeba
Mata kono goro ya
Shinobaremu
Ushi to mishi yo zo
Ima wa koishi

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 00:24:04 »
Hi again, just a quick update...

Been down the allotment almost everyday since we took the plot over last Friday. The difference now is unbelievable , apparently according to one of the committee "The Talk of The Place". He's even been taking photos so he can send them to the local council when our redevelopment is complete , he's that impressed  :o.

My 3 Year old son (Ellis) loves it and has been with me the whole time (in his own little safe area). Each night he has got home he's been crashed out 5 Min's later , only to wake the next morning to get his wellies on  :).
  He has also met a new friend , George a 68 yr old Jamaican man. George introduced himself on Tuesday and Ellis couldn't stop laughing at his deep Jamaican accent , he even gave George one of his pringles , something he doesn't even share with me!!. He hasn't seen George since , but he still makes go and look for him  :).

Anyways back to the allotment, I have knocked the ugly shed down and nearly all the weed is gone. I will be taking some photos tomorrow to show you the difference, and not meaning to sound big headed but I'm so proud of what we (me + mom) have achieved.

One last thing, the word 'ALLOTMENT' should come with a warning of its addictiveness. Everynight this week Ive told my GF , "We'll only be an hour", to return 4 hours later to her face of thunder  :-X

Thanks again for reading and ill post some photos tomorrow

Peace

sand

• Half Acre
  • North North Staffordshire
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 00:52:38 »
Hiya baggieboy!

Mare's tail - just learn to live with it, you can never get rid of it, I find I turn a blind eye to it now and concentrate on the veg.  You can spend weeks cleaning a plot and turn your back for a moment to see it pointing up at you again.  Just remember never to put it on the compost heap.

How do you combine footie and allotmenteering?  This is my first season for a long time without a season ticket, yesterday was the first home game I could have gone to...and I chose to spend it in the garden with the radio (but we did manage a draw with Brum).  Miles better, no stress, no spending, the veg looks better, found some lovely fruit to munch on instead of a pie and home grown food for tea instead of a takeaway!  I might feel different if I miss a mega home win but I plan to catch more away games instead.  Who knows I may be back at the Baggies ground again soon, I've been told of a great Seikh pub that serves wonderful curries!

Veggies can be just as addictive as footie, be warned!

sand (a Stokie)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 00:54:56 »
Yup - share my spare time between veggies and footie - same with the boards I visit.  East Midlander here and by far in possession of the best footy team of the lot. ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 01:28:40 »
@Sand

the pub your on about is THE VINE or THE SPORTSMAN wouldent advise the latter though ;)

And the chi9cken tikka in the vine is superb

sand

• Half Acre
  • North North Staffordshire
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2006, 09:57:48 »
The Vine...that's the one.  How appropriate  ;)

Sand

bunjy

• Half Acre
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2006, 10:24:04 »
wow....i took on my allotment a few days ago too i thought mine was bad  :o...although i think our sheds were made by the same person!! i will try and take some pics of mine tomorrow

all the best it will be worth all the hard work

tracy

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2006, 16:09:45 »
Ok heres some photos of our allotment today, diden't stay long as was raining but you can see how hard we've worked.

will keep you updated as i go.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2006, 16:27:42 »
 :o

Wow! You must have sweated blood over that lot! V. Impressed!

Carry on taking the pics and let us see how you are doing, it motivates you too!

;)

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2006, 16:31:19 »
Well done am chuffed for you but.......go slow don't burn yourself out in one. Get a piece of plastic and kill of the weeds the slow way. Pleased your getting produce straight away I always try to welcome with a bag of goodies too it is nice. All the best.
Marigold

Chocolate

• Half Acre
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2006, 16:44:23 »
Hi
You've have done so well what a difference a week makes. It looks as though the plot has been really looked after in the past.
Do you think chickens or pigeons were kept there at some point, wonder if you'll do the same? I really cant believe how much you've done in such a short time.
Good luck to both of you keep hanging on in there.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal