Author Topic: Wormery Compost  (Read 999 times)

newbies

• Half Acre
Wormery Compost
« on: May 22, 2007, 21:23:31 »
Hi All,
Just a quickie.  I have at long last got a layer of compost from the bottom tray of my wormery, after about 5 months.  The trouble is, I have about 4 carrier bags of the stuff, and my plot is quite new.  As all the beds are not in very good nick, do I shove it on any old bed, store my meagre heap of compost, add to existing rotting compost, or what?  There seems so little of it compared to the size of the plot, it won't really make a difference whatever I do with it.
Help, advice please!! ???

woppa30

• Half Acre
Re: Wormery Compost
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 09:03:20 »
Its not doing any good sitting in a bag, get it on a bed ASAP so it can do some good. Other stuff will rot in time and that can be added as and when. If your beds are in poor condition I would consider a LOT of well rotted organic matter in the autumn such as manure, spent mushroom compost etc. It makes all the difference to the condition of tired soils.
Hope this helps,
Woppa

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Wormery Compost
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 15:05:20 »
I think I'd use it for stuff like tomatoes, squash, courgettes, etc, that need a rich soil..dig a hole, put some in, make a mound, cover with weed suppressant, cut a cross, peel back over the mound, plant..just an idea,  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal