Author Topic: What more luxurious than..  (Read 3524 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: What more luxurious than..
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 22:04:53 »
How I wish it was me.................. ::)
Smile, it confuses people.

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 09:48:45 »
you can spot a gardener a mile away in the rain. they're the ones with no hoods, brollies or hats, and big cheesy grins on their faces. x

Thats so true!  I popped up the road yesterday lunch to pick up some lunch in the rain and I had my cropped jeans, t-vest and flip flops on!  All the old dears with winter coats and brollies were looking at me as though I was insane!  (Probably right! ;D)
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 10:02:28 »
In answer to Val's question about what grows in the desert - perhaps this book would help:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1900988860/202-0479738-6109418?v=glance&n=266239&s=books&v=glance

I have a copy of the previous edition published in 1986 from when I lived there.  Only one page about veg though as he says it needs a whole book separately.

Think I might start looking at it again.

T.

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 13:53:07 »
Finally some rain here! It is very much needed as the garden is dying!  ;D Two days clear up (including today) is starting to make it look a bit more presentable! Dan

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 22:13:36 »
Good rainfall yesterday. Absolute deluge here today. Ducked out inbetween rainstorms,met neighbour who said a mate of his at the allotments told him the wet was only reaching down about 1/4 inch. Ended up at my allotment a while later,dug down a wee way...dry as a bone  :(

Ah well back at home my pots are looking alot better , the lawn has turned green and the rabbit's holes were full of water lol!

Money_Bunny

• Half Acre
    • Blogging in Bulgaria
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 10:47:11 »
Nice and cool here again today, weather reports said we're in for some more rain too  :D

The horses are loving it, less flies to bother them and a nice patch of wet soil to roll in lol
British Ex-pat now living and gardening in Bulgaria.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal