Produce > Non Edible Plants

Hollyhocks

(1/3) > >>

teresa:
I aquired  ;D some hollyhock seeds never grown them before. So any help gratefully received do they have a tap root? so do I plant in pots or the ground  :-/ Teresa

allotment_chick:
Hi Teresa - I sowed my first ever hollyhock seeds (Peaches and Dreams from T&M) on Saturday.   The packet advised that the seeds are best not covered with soil as germination is assisted by light (I was quite surprised at this as the seeds are quite big)....  I don't think I've seen them grown in pots - mine will be planted up the lottie for cut flowers (I hope!)  :D

Ceri:
I grew peaches and dreams in my garden this year - but from seedlings someone gave me - one is currently eight foot high and fabulous - the others didn't get much more than 4-5 ft - but I'll be growing more as the colour and flower size is amazing!

teresa:
thank both, funny not covering the seed will give it a go, no idea what they are one looked a dark red one. I aquired them from a unused lottie :-[ which someone is dumping stuff so it will look strange if I grow them down their  ;Dha ha, so I had better get them in now. Teresa

allotment_chick:
Hi Teresa - just been for a wander round the garden and popped my head into the greenhouse, not expecting to see much new when, lo!  The Hollyhocks have germinated already - less than a week!  Blimey - hope they grow as well.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version