Author Topic: Some of you may remember our lush green lawn in the spring?  (Read 1629 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Sadly, lost the photo to compare, but it was a bit different to this!! (Taken through a window)

BIG mistake - apart from the drought - asked a chap to cut it with the blade right UP. He set it right DOWN. Never recovered. But, strangely, it's not as bad as 1976 when it was totally brown.

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
Re: Some of you may remember our lush green lawn in the spring?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 09:22:39 »
you just cant get the staff these days, can you, tim?
is this a chap who cuts lots of grass in which case he should have known better.

compared with many parks in london (which weren't even cut right down) yours is lush and green - we only have light brown 'grass' left everywhere. i still hope for rain. hasn't come yet
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 12:07:42 »
Not looking too bad Tim! Ours has cracks  three fingers wide. In fact small toys can easily get lost in them :-\!

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 12:16:53 »
Looks better than mine Tim, I have a huge hole where my boys have been practising spin bowling or some such and where they 'skip' as they bowl they have made a huge dip in the dust, they will trip over in it when they play football in the winter!

It's lovely to see them out there though and not couch potatoes so I mustn't complain, and they will grow up and be off soon enough...  Have to make the most of these days.

T.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 08:01:37 »
Oooo 76 was when i was born Tim... I'd heard it was a scorcher of a summer, cant remember much of it though LOL ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 08:07:25 »
Cricket? Yes - we have bowling & batting ends. 'Next door's' lawn isn't as level as ours!!

At the moment, it's Archery - a little less scuffing.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 10:29:31 »
Much better than mine too, tim. My front lawn is almost totaly brown, the only green being weeds! The back isnt much better, less lawn than a strawy scrubland. I rarely cut it these days!!

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 12:55:01 »
I haven't cut my lawn since May!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 14:30:19 »
oooo my lawn is as lush as a beeeutiful green pasture.....full of lovely clover!  ;D  Tis still very lush thanks to the kids swimming pool as more of the water ends up on the grass than anywhere!  It is in desperate need of a cut now, but I am hacking willow branches so shall wait until the job is done so the lawnmower can double up as a hoover!  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal