Author Topic: Hedgehogs  (Read 1328 times)

Ceratonia

• Acre
  • Cambridge
    • Personal (non-allotment) blog
Hedgehogs
« on: July 27, 2006, 10:09:16 »
Couldn't sleep last night, so I went out in the garden at about 5am, camera in hand and saw a couple of hedgehogs. One was making its way back to the pile of old logs I stashed between some trees and the hedge to make a hedgehog habitat. So I was very pleased that my efforts had not gone unrewarded - even if one of them had knocked a plant pot over to get at the water in the tray underneath.

Showed the photos to my wife when she woke up. She said that she'd seen FOUR hedgehogs in the village high street while walking back from the pub with her friends the previous night, so she wasn't as impressed as she might have been  :(

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Re: Hedgehogs
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 10:20:20 »
Yeah but these ones were in your garden so she should be.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:42:47 »
Well I'm impressed! I haven't seen a hedgehog at all since I moved here. I thought I might have as the street backs onto farmland,but no joy.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 15:41:59 »
It's really satisfying if you make an effort to be wildlife friendly and they reward you with their presence, I agree.  I'm still hoping for hedgehogs (must be ten years since I saw one in the garden) but in the meantime I have to content myself with about half a dozen frogs, which isn't bad when you consider I only have a small ground level bird bath and no pond.  Lovely pic.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal