Author Topic: Some pics from my garden  (Read 4383 times)

greentapestry

• I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Some pics from my garden
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 20:45:11 »
Many thanks - it has a most calming effect  8)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 21:47:47 »
Just returned to the forum after a week's absence grawrc and really enjoyed 'strolling' through your garden.  Lovely photos, thanks for sharing :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 23:33:35 »
It must be lovely to be surrounded by so many mature trees anne. Did you really climb onto the roof to get these or do you have quaint lil dormer windows? ::)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 07:41:43 »
There was a flat roof outside a first floor/ mezzanine sort of  bedroom. We have replaced the window with a door, put up railings and resurfaced the roof to take the strain of people walking on it.  So that's where the view is from.

Ultimately I shall have pots and plants to soften the edges + somewhere to "sit and stare" but as the bedroom is currently occupied by my eldest son who lives in a constant guddle the roof is  seldom used. Also he suffers quite badly from hay fever and wouldn't thank me for sources of pollen at his bedroom door! :) Before he returned to the roost the room was Peter's art studio and it was with that in mind that we did the work on the roof.

From that roof it is also possible to climb on to the house roof (which is flat) and I imagine the view from there would be spectacular. Probably able to see Edinburgh castle and Arthur's seat in one direction and River Forth with Rail and Road bridges in the other. I, however, have never done this, as heights tend to make me feel woozy. :-[

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 08:12:15 »
fantastic !  nuff said.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal