Author Topic: Mistle Thrush  (Read 4855 times)

gilgamesh

• Half Acre
Re:Mistle Thrush
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2004, 10:55:24 »
Aha! now I see the problem.  ;) I've been censored.  :P The "C" word used to indicate a bird of the male persuasion has been replaced by "THINGY". We used to have that problem at work. There's a town beginning "scun" and ending "thorpe" that used to bounce if used in emails - a problem when we had a depot there.

One reason we do well for birds is that we keep hens - and layers mash seems to be on the menu for almost everything in the winter (and so do the water fountains).
Sumer is a coming in....

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2004, 21:39:37 »
Gotcha!  ROFL - and congratulations! :)  First time I've seen the software so completely confused.  Me?  I'm always confused!  :)

All best, Gavin

Tenuse

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2004, 17:04:00 »
We had a lovely group of five waxwings on the allotment last week, bouncing around eating Rowan berries. It took me ages to figure out what they were - they had groovy punk rock hairdos!

Ten x
Young, dumb and full of come hither looks.

Joolieeee

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2004, 09:03:01 »
Ah Carol, come to sunny coventry, we have 2 regular long tailed tits to our garden, plus 3 others who pop in every now and then - occasionally all 5 together - its' such a thrill when they all come - they tend to come to the fat feeder we have - nothing else seems to entice them at all

we did have a song thrush pop in too - only realised what he was as he was standing next to blackbirds, so the comparision of size was easy.  Not seem him for a while, so must have been just passing through.  shame!

From January onwards we had one lonely grey wagtail - she's gone now but did stay for a few months - hope she found a soulmate
Joolieeee

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal