Author Topic: Summer is a'coming, the birds are nesting  (Read 2082 times)

Granny_Smith

• Half Acre
  • Of course its me - who else could look like this ?
Summer is a'coming, the birds are nesting
« on: April 21, 2004, 07:38:19 »
I saw some House Martins fly over the house on Good Friday and then saw a mixture of H. Martins and Swallows swooping over a pond last Sunday.
Summer must be coming soon !!

Spent last week on holiday pottering about in the garden and noticed the Blue t**s and Great t**ts collecting nesting material - they were very keen on getting the cats fur which had got caught up on the garden table.
So to help them out, I grabbed all 3 cats, got their brushes and then placed the collected balls of fur around the garden in the trees. Didn't have to wait long before the bird swooped in and took the lot. It was so funny to see these little birds flying off with tufts of fur bigger than themselves. There's going to be some warm nests this year.

The cats have never looked so sleek and smooth!
Granny is still your best friend !

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Re:Summer is a'coming, the birds are nesting
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 09:52:12 »
What a good idea GrannyS.  I have two cats as well as my dogs and never thought of putting the fur out for the birds.  I was beginning to think it was a bit late for the birds to start nesting.  I have put up a bird box but no luck as yet.  Maybe they will not use it this year but perhaps there is still hope :-\
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Wicker

• Hectare
Re:Summer is a'coming, the birds are nesting
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 12:00:37 »
A new way of recycling!  Great idea GrannyS, must do that with Belle's brushings.
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal