Author Topic: I hear thunder...  (Read 1554 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
I hear thunder...
« on: July 19, 2006, 22:40:24 »
I hear thunder,
hark don't you
hark don't you?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: I hear thunder...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 22:54:25 »
I wish I did.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 23:47:39 »
EJ. In a word NO!!!!! As I am sitting here there is a nice brezze blowing through the open window. Thank goodness.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 00:14:55 »
It is one of those horrible clammy nights tonight.  I think we will be sleeping under one sheet tonight instead of the duvet, with the window open.  We could really do with a storm to clear the air here too.  :) busy_lizzie   
live your days not count your years

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 00:35:48 »
We have mist again - hung around most of the day here in SUNNY Leith - no hottest day for us but it did make working in the lottie more tolerable........
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 07:38:46 »
We didn't sleep much, and heard no thunder. But it's a bit cooler, and the road outside is damp. I suppose it's a case of being grateful for small mercies.

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 07:46:22 »
I wish...our dog nearly got her leg caught in one of the huge cracks that are everywhere, not in the garden...yet...thanks to the loads of mushroom compost, when we take them out, mornings and evenings, its too hot any other time ,it looks like the earth is splitting wide open or there's been an earthquake.Please let us have rain. :(
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

tin can

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 08:25:20 »
Well we had both rain and thunder at 4am today, and now it's cloudy,still and muggy - (Cheshire) . Allotment v happy! ;D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 08:33:38 »
We have awoken to a funny day, weatherwise.  It is a very dark day, and a heavy grey cloud is covering the sky.  I have just been outside and it is trying to drizzle, as you can feel the odd bit of fine rain.  It is still fairly close, but we do look as though a downpour is possisble sometime today. I would welcome it, as it might clear the air a bit and give the plants a welcome drink. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 09:25:06 »
No thunder, no rain, no sleep! Still as hot as hell here this morning. Sitting in thre garden at midnight yesterday (or should the be today) was as hot as 'normal' daytime! God I wish it would rain... >:(

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 09:43:59 »
 :o 36ºC (97ºF) in the shade in our little garden yeserday :o it rained in the night apparently as there are puddles in the road and drying rapidly, no thunder though.  ;D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 09:50:58 »
Saw some lightening coming home from cinema last night (pirates of the carribean............fab picture) but no didnt hear any thunder , just got a little dribble of rain overnight.  baking sunshine again this morning.   Phew I am off today thank goodness............was baking on the wards yesterday....Lots of cold fluids all around patients and staff  :P
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 11:41:28 »
last night trying to go to sleep (ground floor flat so no wide open windows for us  :() hear thunder, say so, was told: no, that's a plane! Ah well! :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 15:56:18 »
pitter patter rain drops
pitter patter rain drops
at 3am
at 3am

The ground was still damp when we got up just before 7am but by the time we headed off to school, all was dry and hot again.  Off to the plot tomorrow - am hoping the little rain will have helped perk things up a bit.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal