Author Topic: Maybe I am stirring  (Read 4365 times)

Ceri

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:Maybe I am stirring
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2004, 15:34:08 »
Tim,
Spelling - I can do
Pronunciation - I can do
Understanding - now that's a whole different ball game!

Perhaps if enough people e-mailed Bob F and promised a donation to Children In Need he'd cut the ponytail?

tina

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 21:29:43 »
I have read a few bits and bobs in books, but they all say different things......but then so do the posters on this site. By reading both, I can get an idea of what to do, and then I take the advice that I think I would like to try, plus an element of 'trial and error'....and see what happens.

And Chris Beardshaw definitely does it for me....... ;)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 22:19:38 »
ooo yeah Tina....Chris B is mine.... all mine you hear!   ;)

Hels_Bels

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 22:26:08 »
It's Monty Don for me - always been a sucker for a guy with curly hair!

On the subject of books - they over-run my life - can't get through a day wothout reading them, so gardening books are a must! But, I've got a fair few - really like the one by Which magazine. I write lots of notes about what I should do, then just follow instinct one I get outside!! ;D

tina

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2004, 19:43:03 »
My poor hubby despairs every time I take up a new hobby or craft, as I always have to buy the relevant books!! :o

Never mind, at least with the lottie he can get involved too.

Mind you, he hasn't quite worked out why I am so keen to watch the Flying Gardener........... ;D ;D : ;)

Chris B came to our town a couple of years ago for a gardening festival, and is even MORE gorgeous in real life!!! But E-J, you are younger than me, so I may have to concede defeat on this one (especially as you said you would send me some kiwi babies!!!!).

Tina

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2004, 20:45:30 »
Hi Kenkew /Tim,

You ask; I'd be interested in your compo mix, thinking of doing some myself this time round,and Tim you ask how do you get them so short-jointed? Gro-Lamp?

I am surprised you come to me for such advice, ::) particularly when my experience is mainly from `lore` that I have heard from old timers, which, apparently can be quite wide of the mark

(Etc ...Unquote....

Don't know how I missed this post, must have been busy burying my head.
The books and growlight thing I'm not aware of, but my request for your compo mix was based on me having difficulty getting hold of horticultural sand here and I wondered if you stuck to the hoticultrual sand thing or used river/silver sand with the growing medium. Again, thanks for your info (placed elsewhere). I'm actually trying silver sand in one lot of 'pottings' and aquarium sand in another...(bet there's no difference.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 20:48:33 by kenkew »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal