Author Topic: re My freebie weekend.  (Read 1140 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
re My freebie weekend.
« on: July 15, 2006, 15:15:11 »
Can't believe a week has gone by! Anyhow it rained on the way to Hemsby but stopped before we got there. A great time was had by one and all especially the grandchildren. Plenty for them to do. The boys went on the zip wire. Ye Gods it looked such a long way up. Only down thing was that Joshua was going on the air ball contraption, a big structure of some sort of canvas with  goal holes. Two kids against two, keep jumping on the trampoline to see how many goals they could get. To get inside the "play" area you had to stand on something and then enter by a flap. Joshua stepped on the item to get in. it tipped and he went flying, his wrist just swelled up and he had a graze and a really big bruise against the back of one leg. We had to take him to first aid. The item to step on turned out to be an upturned milk crate. I was not amused and asked the first aid person to get something done about it. She agreed it could have been a lot worse.
Me?? I got to play cricket (a'hem) got 16 runs but got Joshua to do the running for me ;D
The pics show 4 grandchildren who were with us. From left to right/  Joshua (11) Craig (12) Jessica (7) Bethany (4)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: re My freebie weekend.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 16:46:23 »
 ;D

Sounds like everyone had a great time, Lorna!

;)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 20:30:24 »
Lovely grandchildren Lorna! Glad you all enjoyed your hols despite the few mishaps!  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 22:49:53 »
What lovely children, Lorna, aren't grandkids just the best EVER?

Hmmmm, not too sure about the accident. Health & Safety Regs a bit lax there :o Hope it got reported in an Incident Book and certainly hope that it got changed pdq.

All in all, tho, a good freebie weekend for you all?

So, welcome back & hope your birdies haven't missed you too much :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 00:04:16 »
Well folk I am bound to say "They are great kids :)" Joshua lives next door and the other three are my middle daughters children There are four more, three girls 18 20 and 21 are my eldest daughters girls Gemma, Kimberlie and Kellie. Kimberlie will actually be 20 in August. When she was 17 she had a 7hour operation (scoliosis sp?)
and has got steel rods in her back, but thank God she is fine now. Then there is Lee 20 last week. He is son John's boy. Bless him he is the one who keeps my car on the road :)
Quite agree Lish about health and safety. I pointed out that although people go on rides etc etc at their own risk it is the Company's responsibility to make sure everything would pass inspection by health and safety. I am writing to them to ask for confirmation that they have done something. Might save another person from having a serious injury.

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 07:19:03 »
Welcome back Lorna - glad you enjoyed your holiday and the cricket

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal