Author Topic: Allotments4All?  (Read 7273 times)

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
Re:Allotments4All?
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2004, 21:19:03 »
no Hugh, fun is seein them crucify emeselves!  We just sit here and watch!  Tim is right, ain't even worth bothering about and rather feeling I should not have even bothered posting!
Muddy Boots

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2004, 22:25:55 »
But like the rest of us, you both did, did you not?

cflossy

• Not So New ...
  • I love my allotment
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2004, 22:33:19 »
I have only just registered after several weeks of looking at this great website and have found loads of helpful hints and tips to help us with our new allotment ( we acquired ours in January) I found Tubbs views completely outrageous and he clearly has not looked at the other varied topics on this site. I am a complete novice when it comes to vegetables and have really been inspired by what some people have said and taken what they have said ( as well as the books) to my allotment. I can't wait for my seeds to grow, ( radishes allready coming up  - is it too early? they are covered with fleese but i was told to grow them with the parsnips)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2004, 15:05:39 »
Congratulations on your new plot cflossy.  I think the reason you grow radish in the same 'hole' as your 'snips is because radish come up and reach maturity in no time, and parsnips need to grow and grow and grow taking up the space for a year (peeps on our plot have sowed this years 'snips  and are still pulling last years!).  I don't think it is too early for radish, spesh if they are under fleece.  You haven't said where in this big old world you are (and I must confess to not looking at your profile thingy to see if you have stuck your pin in the map) but if you are down sowf then it seems we can sow a good few weeks earlier than those gardeners oop north.  ;D

[subtle subject change/]  ;D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2004, 15:26:40 »
   TUBS GET A LIFE SOMEWHERE ELSE LEAVE US HAPPY FOLKS ALONE

:) :) ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D >:( >:( :( :( :o 8) 8) ??? ::) ::) :P :-[ :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :'( :'(

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2004, 15:32:13 »
learn some manners instead of blaspheming.

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'(

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2004, 15:52:00 »
I think the message here is ' lighten up or go elsewhere'.  You are clearly disturbing the friendly commnity we have here Tubs. >:(

Just if you do go elsewhere, dont make it the groups Hugh so 'kindly' pointed out. :(

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2004, 16:12:30 »
I have a very clear view on `spoilers`-show them your `dibbing finger`-and then let them rot.

tubs

• Not So New ...
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2004, 17:59:23 »
Well done all!
Magpie DI got really close. Love it - I won a bet that the acid would flow from the 'Venus' reactions.

Don't worry girls, I'll stay out of the shed, you probably hope I'll stay out of all the forums! To answer a couple of points, I am actually a professional gardener and have two large allotments to relax in.
I also love a good joke!
Ah, well! Back to my six acres!
Tara a bit!

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2004, 18:22:01 »
Yes we all love a good joke dont we.   :-X Can I suggest that you have a joke on another site at someone elses expense.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Hels_Bels

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2004, 18:23:39 »
OK, I've been reading this thread, wondering whether it would just run out of steam, but now I'm REALLY angry.  I joined the site a few weeks ago, as a very novice allotmenter and have loved the warmth of welcome and advice from everyone - whatever their age, sex, experience, anything.

I found your comments sexist and patronising. You might think that you've 'won' some kind of 'smarter than you' competition you designed in your own head, but I think that you really are missing out on some of the best and friendliest advice you can get. If you don't feel you need advice because you have sooo much experience, then leave the rest of us to it.

>:( >:( >:(
Hhmph, still angry, but think I will leave it there.

H_B

Dunc_n_Tricia

• Quarter Acre
  • It's Cheaper Than Joining a Gym!
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2004, 18:32:02 »
Don't you know when somebody uses the word "actually" when telling others he is a "professional" gardener, they are lacking something.

The girls will know what I mean - a bit like the men who drive big cars to convince themselves they don't have tiny w*****s.

Many sympathies to Tubs, he doesn't sound like a man with too many friends (at least on this site).

Don't let him wind all you good people up too much and remember to smil(i)e!!!

:-* Tricia

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2004, 19:57:52 »
hahahah Dunc and Tricia, you read my mind!  I figured, smallest p e n i s in the world, therefore needs to back up his life by telling us all how great he is and that he is a professional.  Well, who gives a toss, not me!  Not worth the time or energy, so lets bring this to a close and get on with our lives!

:) ;) ;D :) ;) ;D :) ;D

rdak

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2004, 20:10:39 »
Suggest that others, like me, won't be replying to any of Tub's postings.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2004, 21:27:12 »
I reckon you summed it up Ross. Most sites I go to with a sensible audience tend to simply ignore those who try to upset things. If these people are ignored they soon get fed-up of talking to themselves.
I have a question for the ladies; How do you know thet 'Blubs', woops, sorry, I mean 'Tubs', has a Peenica-twee? And what words mean the other way inclined?....mmmmm!

tubs

• Not So New ...
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2004, 21:33:55 »
Keep it going folks.
Best day I've had for years!

Love you all.

campanula

• Hectare
  • double digging dudette
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2004, 22:50:43 »
hi there,
just wanted to throw in my thoughts. Tubs, I am a bit new to most things internet stylee but one of the things that amazes me is the general feelings of friendship or relationship on the basis of a few postings. The internet seems to actualise a sort of intimacy and readiness to reveal ourselves to almost total strangers - this simply would not happen in 'real' life. I guess what I am saying Tubs, is that it is very easy to get caught up with 'trivialities' - I am sorta shy but have been taken aback by the ease with which it was possible to slot into an on-line community. Once that happens, I guess people inevitably wish to get toknow each other and conversations invariably digress away from plants and planting - but that's OK isn't it?
I have been a bit anxious at some of the ire that has floated about (flaming, I believe it is called) and often people have taken great chances revealing personal details about themselves which takes for granted a certain level of trust. However, it is easy to back away from postings which are not of interest and the benefits and advice off this site has more than compensated for occassional feelings of irritation. Live and let live, I say,

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2004, 22:55:44 »
Our choice
  • - give the troll his thrills, get angry, respond with wonderful verbal pyrotechnics ------- and lose things that we value?
  • - or ignore the sad, silly pillock, and let him find some other suckers to wind up?

Gavin

eileen

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2004, 22:58:58 »
And so then end is here.

Let's all move on folks - we've got better things to do and better people to do them with!

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal