Author Topic: Water - how are you coping?  (Read 5702 times)

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
Re: Water - how are you coping?
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 21:13:40 »
at this point can i just say that if anyone has a variety of diseases..including desquamation of the skin(flakiness to you and me!-i.e. excema,psoriasis etc)crohns,renal problems,well-anywayy-check the leaflets available...or is on tax credit thingies -working or child...then you can get vast reductions on a metered bill...
i know-i'm just full of fascinating facts!...
well...full of something!! ;D
anyway-anyone i have mentioned this too has had no idea about reductions...*kitty shakes head*
gotta know what q's to ask!
kitty
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 21:21:39 »
Wow that's really well worth knowing kitty ;) thanks :D

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 23:05:24 »
My veg are complaining my peas are not taking off at all and i've lost most of the savoy cabbage I sowed got very dishearted. Hose pipe ban in operation but use it to fill my water butt still takes me 2 hrs + to water.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 23:08:33 »
That reminds me, I was planting out leeklets tonight and completely forgot to water my trays at home - and the brassicas have been hit by  aphids so they need all the help they can get.  Going to have to water them in the morning now.  Got scout camp over the weekend as well.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 11:15:50 »
Your busy redclanger have you got a baby sitter for your trays? I'm going to have to ask my neighbour if he will look after my leeks they still look like grass will they ever grow for me to plant out?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 11:39:05 »
If they're not growing in the trays it's worth planting them out temporarily to grow on for a bit before putting in properly. Once they're over six inches long they're big enough to go in the holes, no matter how thin.

Vez1

• Half Acre
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 15:19:53 »
Fortunate enough not to have a hosepipe ban here in Dundee and have taps on site. However we are even struggling to keep up with the watering, the gfround is just dry dust at the moment.

dicky

• Half Acre
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 16:55:53 »
Been watering most things at least every other day, more for the lettuce and seeds just planted if poss. have have to rig shading for the late planting of swede and beetroot or they burn as soon as they come up. takes 15-40 mins to water depending whether I do all or just some.

To the person who wanted a syphon - Try pet shops as they often sell them for emptying fish tanks.

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 17:04:32 »
Just come back (about 10mins)from a fortnights Holiday   :(
I'm dreading to think what tha lottie looks like without watering for the time i've been away:(
Think the greenhouse and pumpkins will have suffered to say the least  :'(
going up when i've had a coffee.

Ps
could not wait to get on to A4ALL  ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 17:23:44 »
No piped water at our allotment, but luckily a previous tenant has set up a great sytem of staggered water butts. Only realised in the recent shortage that he must have dug a hole at least 3 ft deep to sink the lowest one! Even so, supplies are getting low. I'm amazed I've got such a lovely crop of french beans- thought they needed loads of water. Just glad I decided not to use the greenhouse at the alllotment this year- I would definitely have run out by now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal