Author Topic: Kiwi seedlings  (Read 6218 times)

derf

• Not So New ...
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:Kiwi seedlings
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2004, 09:45:00 »
Hiya EJ just been reading your Kiwi saga, very exiting.  Would neva have thought of it. I love growing exotic things. I'm gonna get myself some from Tesco and have a go at taking the seeds out the way you suggested and see what happens. Thanks for that.  :)

Fred
Fred

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2004, 13:18:26 »
My pleasure Fred.  I am addicted to growing anything from seed.  Last year, along with the kiwis I grew pomegranites - which are hardy and are still growing well, pawpaws, not hardy at all, infact, didn't like the cool autumn at all, lost the lot and Dragon Fruit which we bought from the chinese supermarket, which are climbing cactus and I have a  pot full of them in my conservatory.  My mum is as bad and she always has a crop of something or the other growing on her kitchen windowsill.  From her this year I have had 2 mango plants, 2 kumkwats, and a lychee, but they love high humidity and they really struggle - will have to find a way to overcome that!  ;D

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2004, 12:43:20 »
If the lychee likes high humidity grow it on the bathroom windowsill, the you'll have a lychee watching you.................shower :)

Jeremy

carloso

• Acre
  • sprouts gimmie wind
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2004, 21:26:12 »
ej no seedlings required but mine is about 3ft at the minute (kiwi fruit of course) where next does it have to be spanned out like a grape vine or what ?

carlos
another member of i forgot my password

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2004, 23:08:16 »
Well, mums rambles, climbs, twines and manhandles its way along her fence, through the trellis and up into the neighbours rose!  She has never ever done anything special and it gets covered in white flowers, anytime soon actually.  Mine are still babies like yours, altho they have really perked up since I put them in bigger pots.  I am thinking of growing one as a standard, like you sometimes see Wisterias, and the other one I am going to pretty much leave to it.  I believe that like a wisteria, once it has finished flowering, you should cut back all the whippy branches, or if it has set fruit, you cut them back to the fruit....but don't quote me, mum has never had a fruit in all the....um...well at least 10 years that she has had it, and she does have a boy and a girl, allegedly!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal