Author Topic: Hampton Court Flower Show  (Read 1893 times)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Hampton Court Flower Show
« on: July 10, 2006, 10:47:14 »
Daughter & I went on Saturday.  Had a great time.  Here are just a few of the many photos that I took.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

doris

• Not So New ...
Re: Hampton Court Flower Show
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 10:49:36 »
Lovely photos, I went yesterday wasn't it fantastic?...I managed to get some great lavender  bargains at the end  of the show so allotment will smell beautiful!

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 13:40:53 »
Beautiful photographs of lovely lovely plants.  I would so like to go to Hampton Court or Chelsea.   :D :D :D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 14:18:16 »
Pat, did you get to see the display of veggies from one of our local growing champions Meldwyn Williams from Anglesey?  It was his wife (and their team) who did the growing for Hampton Court apparently, because Meldwyn had broken his leg and was in a plaster cast.  She did exceptionally well and won a 'Tudor Rose'  which I think is higher than a gold.  ;D   ;D   ;D Well done that woman. ;)
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 14:54:05 »
Was she the grey haired lady that was interviewed on TV Mimi?  If so, the photo of the vegie stand was hers.  Absolutely wonderful display - the photo does not really do it justice.  I should have posted them a bit larger, but thought of the poor A4A'ers without broadband waiting for ever for them to download :)
BTW  we now have a nice photo of my daughter with Tommy Walsh.  He was great, talking to everyone as if he had known them for years.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 16:46:19 »
WOW, beautiful pics, GG.  I particularly like that 'wheel' of tomatoes and beans, very clever.  Must try and emulate that later.   ;)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 16:54:33 »
Never been to this particular show but I am toying with the idea of going to Tatton park show (its much closer to home).

I have visited Hampton Court gardens and loved it. Took these pictures when I was there;

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/ss-Hampton%20Court%20-%20BW/__INDEX.HTM

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/ss-Hampton%20Court%20-%20LW/__INDEX.HTM

oops! looks like I need to a bit of repair work on that page!

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/ss-Hampton%20Court%20-%20PG/__INDEX.HTM

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 20:34:13 »
Yes Pat thats the lady.  She did really well didnt she?   Tommy Walsh drooooooooooooool  :P  Hes my 'wrinkley' babe.  Wish they did a christmas calander of him............with just his tool kit  :o  ;)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 22:12:23 »
MIMI!  :o

Great pics Pat, I would love to go to the Hampton Court show.  Watched it on the TV and loved those giant jungle plants, and what do you know, you have a piccy of that amazing banana!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 09:22:32 »
Yes Emma, I too saw the programmes which featured the banana so I thought of you and other A4A'ers who love plants like that (Roy for example :)) so just had to take a photo of it.

Mimi, was going to post the photo of Tommy in a PM to you, but I don't think we have that facility do we?  I don't know whether daughter would like me to put it on the main board, she is a very reserved kind of gal (not like her Mum ;D)  He did look rather nice though with his tan (just to make you drool even more ;) :D)

Carol

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 14:18:20 »
Aw go on Pat, put Tommy on here so all us mature ladies can drool over him, we wont be looking at your daughter  ;)  maybe,  or just dont tell her.  What do you think Mimi???   ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 16:58:41 »
OK Carol & Mimi (and all the other ladies....including me.....of a certain age).  Here he is, doesn't he look great ;) ;D  Daughter unfortunately has her eyes closed, but maybe she was just swooning at having Tommy's arm around her :) :)

Carol

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 23:16:58 »
Aw that was so good of you Pat.  Am sure Mimi is delighted as well to see Tommy with your daughter.  Shs bonny as well by the way.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 18:35:40 »
Here I am catching up on the pics in the gallery,looking at those smashing photos of GG's and I catch you lasses having a sneaky peek at Mr Walsh and dreaming of him in his toolkit heeheehee!  ;D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 19:52:05 »
Sorry Pat had puter probs for a few days and missed this.............
PHHHHHWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHH.   He's gorgeous   :P  :P  :P  :P

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal