Author Topic: south west tv allotments show  (Read 2489 times)

minerva

• Quarter Acre
    • Antiquities
south west tv allotments show
« on: March 25, 2004, 16:26:20 »
just to let anyone in the south west know that there is a 15 part series on sunday afternoons 5.30pm all about allotments, including where my plot is (its actually the organic allotments next door to ours) in Bath, starts on the 4th April
sam
xx

Captain_Blood

• Not So New ...
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:south west tv allotments show
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 10:47:41 »
Starts Sunday, Itv Htv West.Anybody with Sky tv who's not in Htv West area  can tune in using following instuctions from this link http://www.geocities.com/sc0tpds/sc0tsmansITV.htm

17:40
  The Allotment (DIY)
Amble.
A chronological guide through one year on a variety of allotments. Garden experts David Cemlyn and Jane Moore help protegees to get the most from their plot. This week, a look at crop rotation, how to ensure that fruit and vegetables survive a frost, building a twigloo willow shelter, planting glorious gladioli, and how broad beans and ouzo make a tasty combination.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 10:49:07 by Captain_Blood »

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 12:00:05 »
HURRAH!   At last, a TV company more enlightened than Auntie.  If I recall correctly from the Beeb boards, Auntie deemed allotment gardening a 'niche' hobby and not worthy of a full set of programmes!!!

Sadly, we are terrestrial only and in the south east so won't be able to watch it   :'(

AC x
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 12:00:21 by allotment_chick »
Guardian of around 2,950 sq ft of the planet Earth

sunflower

• Half Acre
  • it doesn`t cost a thing to smile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 16:37:03 »
Thanks to the top tip on adding channels to sky i was able to watch the new show on allotments. I really enjoyed it & plan to tape the whole series to use as future referance. Not to sure bout the bloke standing on shed with pumpkin but hay each to there own. ;D
Light of my life!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal