Author Topic: rain, rain, rain & thunderstorms !!!! hurray !!!!!  (Read 13822 times)

Wicker

• Hectare
Re: rain, rain, rain & thunderstorms !!!! hurray !!!!!
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2006, 23:55:18 »
No rain here in Leith (well, technically Edinburgh) bits of haar over the past couple of days tho - forecast maps show wee circles of rain over us but it never seems to come to anything, thank goodness for standpipes on the lottie.
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2006, 11:39:24 »
Absolutely tipped it down in Oxford at around 1. OH and I deliberately went out walking in it (though we didn't expect it to rain quite so heavy), and ended up looking like drowned rats within seconds. For the first time in days i actually felt cold! Bliss!
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2006, 12:27:07 »
As always, when it starts to rain, I have to check the flow into the butts. Just put on a clean shirt and.....?  Well, got thoroughly soaked & had to hang it on the AGA.

But - AT LAST - we had 20mm. Enough to save something.

ugly gourd

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2006, 13:34:24 »
We had rain in Olney Bucks thunder lighting and 35mph gusts sadly I was at a wedding started as the bride arrived and still raining as we left so no photos luckily marque still there when we arrived for reception the weather settled leaving a lovely glowing light for them to have their photos and a great party!

amphibian

« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2006, 09:33:53 »
Hope the rain has reached DP :)
Lorna, Last night we had thunder, Amphibian about 9 miles away says he had torrential rain, we had some, but hardly enough to wet the pathways :'(  Then today, lovely black clouds rolled in, HUGE claps of thunder, and about 3 mins of rain..............harrumph, better than nought I guess!

3 mins, wow! We had about an hour of sustained heavy rain, but they didn't get it in Tonbridge either. Weather is far more local than is often realised. A few months ago I got a call from a mate to ask if I wanted rescuing from the allotment, I asked why I would want rescuing from a sunny dry day, he was in Southborough and it it was belting it down, only a few miles away in Hawkenbury I was basking in sun.

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2006, 09:36:57 »
At this end of the world we are still waitng, so if you lot have finished with the rain please, please send it this way.

trojanrabbit

• Half Acre
  • There are those who call me... Pete
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2006, 10:11:32 »
Bring it on, baby!  8)
Had a decent bunch of thunder storms with drops the size of tuppeny bits on saturday which have filled up the waterbutt at home and saved me watering the plot. On the downside, by evening it had stopped and my shift behind the bar at my local was horribly muggy :(

I'm currently thinking to try and install a second waterbutt one on the other side of the house, and wondering how best to rig a system to use handwash and bathwater to fill toilet cystern.  If/when I come up with a cunning plan, I'll let you know!
Meanwhile at least the first of these requires a 30foot ladder which I don't have... hmmm.

PS: sorry if you didn't get any!  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal