Author Topic: I am not amused!!  (Read 1338 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
I am not amused!!
« on: June 29, 2006, 23:46:08 »
This evening I left my car outside the bungalow( on the road)  As some of you know I have a crazy dog. I wanted to water all the tubs and baskets at the front of the bungalow. If I leave the dog indoors she barks all the time and scratches at the door. However she will lay in the car for hours. So... while I was waiting for the sun to go down I heard a bang looked out of lounge window and saw a group of lads cycling past and heard laughter. (they cut through our nice quiet estate to get from playing fields). When I took Elsa out to put her in the car  my offside mirror was laying in the road. Obviously one of the cyclist had walloped my car (I know it is an old banger but my means of getting about and I paid for it!!). Three of them were even cycling on the pavement. I am furious. Fortunately for me my grandson is a mechanic and tomorrow he will sort me out , if I had to go to a garage no doubt I would get quite a big bill..Last week one of the lads spat down the side of young Lorna's car. I am fortunate I have a garage but Lorna has no option but to leave her car parked in the road all the time.   Rant over.
Lorna.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: I am not amused!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 05:55:01 »
And mirrors are not cheap. Frustrating!!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 15:21:29 »
Sorry to hear about this Lorna and hope your son is able to repair it for you at little or no expense.   :-*

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 15:34:11 »
Went down to grandson's workshop after lunch (crikey, nightmare driving without offside mirror) My sweetie of a grandson (Lee) said" Don't worry Nan I will pop over scrappy this afternoon, bound to get one and I will either come and fit it later today if not tomorrow morning" So I am keeping fingers crossed.
Lorna

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 23:22:17 »
Update.. grandson got mirror for £5. as soon as he closed his workshop he came straight to me and fitted it to my car. I sometimes wonder if I would be able to afford a vehicle if it wasn't for him. He is one lovely 19year old lad.
Lorna

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 07:30:32 »
I know exactly how you feel Lorna, and share in your frustration.

Both mine were smashed some time ago now, the off-side one totally, the near side one I managed to stick together with sellotape.

Brand new mine were going to cost £180 to replace !!!!!!!!!!!  I managed to get a set off ebay for £46 but have been too scared to put them back on.  I've probably been driving illegally (and carefully) for months now !

I've got my MOT this month, so will get my mechanic to put them on as he puts it through it's paces.

I'm serious considering getting some clear sticky backed plastic to put on BEFORE any further damage is caused.

The same little tinkers (yobs/neds/horrible horrible teenagers) make a regular habit of doing it to the whole street, AND the church windows at the bottom of the garden.  I'm currently looking at 7 broken panes of glass that they will have to repair, and they weren't done all that long ago either.  These windows are about 30' up as well !

The police patrol the area frequently but it doesn't seem to act as much of a deterrent although I did hear that they were starting to issues ASBOs to the parents rather than the children.  We also have CCTV at both ends of the road for all the use that is.

I'd bring back the birch!
 >:(
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 08:50:05 »
Bad news Lorna >:( So pleased your grandson got you sorted. :)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 08:58:01 »
So sorry to hear of the trouble lorna, you did good with the grandson didn't you? ;) ;D

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 09:16:43 »
Lorna, how terrible and frustrating.  What is wrong with the world - some people seem to have no respect towards other people or manners - the dregs of society.

Never mind the birch, what about national service.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 09:26:00 »
by all means give them all a taste of "Bad Lads Army" but please don't put these cowardly yobs into our regular army, i wouldn't trust one of them to defend our country.  they haven't got the b@lls !
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal