Author Topic: method of using copper.  (Read 1392 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
method of using copper.
« on: June 30, 2006, 15:25:39 »
Son John is a qualified electrician although he doesn't work in electrics now. I know he visits a chap who used to work for him so asked John to see if his friend had any old cable that I could get the copper out of. Look on John's face meant he thinks Mum has gone in to one again ???) I explained!! Anyhow he walked in his workshop and gave me a complete reel of earthing cable.  He said should be good quality copper. So when I have removed copper from cable how do I use it please? Do I wind it round and round top of tubs to try and deter slugs (and snails?) What about borders could I lay lines of it through the borders?
Fortunately I don't have a big problem with slugs but thought I would be prepared. Thanks for any help.
Lorna.

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
Re: method of using copper.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 19:47:02 »
Yes, you can wind it around the top of pots. Not sure how much use it would be in borders, however - anyone else know?

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 22:20:16 »
Thanks Rosa. Nice name, was my old Mum's name Rosa Chancellor, only thing was her Dad was a bargeman so she was named after a barge ;D ;D

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 18:57:24 »
No doubt he thought the barge was beautiful  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 22:29:16 »
Rosa unfortunately I never knew my grandparents. I am the 2nd  youngest of nine!! I am not even sure if my eldest brother (88) knew them. I must ask him :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal