Author Topic: Does anyone know anything about the Lets scheme !!  (Read 1931 times)

Chocolate

• Half Acre
Does anyone know anything about the Lets scheme !!
« on: June 29, 2006, 00:03:45 »
I've heard about this Lets scheme where you trade things that you can do for ones that you cant do.
Is anyone in the scheme what sort of thing would I be expected to do,and could they do odd jobs for me. Say putting up curtain rails ext.
Any one got a phone nos or a site.
I think it would work for me as long as I could do something that they need !!!
Have found Lets on the net but have never found anybody who is actually in it.
Site is www.LETS-Linkup.com if anyone wants a look !
Apparently you can trade veg ext for other things.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:58:45 by Chocolate »

sarah

• Hectare
Re: Does anyone know anything about the Lets scheme !!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 09:57:46 »
hope its not bad news to promote other forums, i apologise if it is but if you look on this site http://mrsl.forumsplace.com/urljump.php?url=http://www.itsnoteasybeinggreen.org/forum/
you will find a lady who can tell youeverything you need to know about lets.  you could even consider getting some help on your allotment as part of the scheme maybe?

Chocolate

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 11:47:50 »
Hi Sarah
Thanks for that site, thats what I was
hoping for someone maybe to do the
really hard jobs !!
Faith

lewis

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 21:18:45 »
My wife and I have been in the local LETS scheme in South Powys for about four years now and we really enjoy it. You can advertise for help in the house or garden and they do a list of things that you can offer if you can't think of anything! Our group has a stall at the local farmers' market where you can sell to the home-grown vegetables, craft items, etc. to the public which is held once a month. They also have get-togethers at various venues and the first LETS baby is due shortly - mum and dad having met each other through LETS.

It's very cheap to join - it only costs us £8 for a year - so go for it - what have you got to lose!

Here is the link for the group that we belong to just to give you some idea of what goes on. If there are any questions that you would like answered, please ask away.

www.splets.org.uk

Chocolate

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 23:13:34 »
Thanks for that......after trying for what seemed like an age I was able to contact a new group that held its first meeting today near to were I live.
I went along and it was really to decide what we were going to call ourselves ext.From what I can gather theres about thirty people in it so far, so thats a good start. I think for me I couldn't decide what service I could do for folk but I suspect that will develop as I go along.
I found out a bit more today, I think long term its got to be a great help to every body really.   ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal