Author Topic: My other early birthday pressie has come  (Read 3914 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:My other early birthday pressie has come
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2004, 11:16:38 »
hehehe Moggle, you are going to have a self sufficient balcony! So wanna see photos! Your pot growing prompted me to fill some the other day and already the deck and steps are looking packed and lubberly!

p.s.  Bet you could, if you got a decent deep pot and just one crown.  I understand from Hugh that depth of planting is all important.  Course, you could always do the bag of compost type pot, just slit the top and plant half way down in it.  Oooo.....sets the old grey matter working....

Wicker

• Hectare
Re:My other early birthday pressie has come
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2004, 16:16:18 »
Oh all this talk about asparagus is realy making me twitchy.  Have looked around locally but don't see any crowns for sale not even seed (that woudl require even more patience >:( ).  Not much encouragement from the other half either (sort of mm mm mm) tho we would never cross spades over anything!

Think I'll stick with sweetcorn as my main "new crop" this year (I think all 60 seeds have germinated - space  space space) but am determined to get to asparagus next year and will have a bed already manured and ready.  :P.

I have a balcony Moggle and grow a fair wee lot of flowers, a few baskets and an ivy on a trellis - but have to leave access formy cat (we are on the ground floor she doesn't ahve a parachute!).
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal