Produce > Non Edible Plants

Dahlias & 'mums'

(1/3) > >>

jethro:
I've just built 2 polytunnels  ;D 1 for Dahlias and the other for chrysanamums but as usual i dont know a thind about them :-[ :-/ sooooooo do i read lots of books on the subject :( or get all you educated people out there to help ;D. whoops sorry, the length of the tunnels is 20 yards x 12 yards. How many plants can i get in there ???.

Hope for some replies ;D ;D ;D.

Mrs Ava:
okay....I shall impart all of my knowledge on you Jethro......

There you go.....impressive huh!  ;D  I know nout about growing these things, just curious really, as you are growing them in pollytunnels, are you growing them to show or for cut flowers or what???

jethro:
Mainly for the wife as she loves them ;D, but i might try to show them :-/ will probably get nowhere  :( but will try anyway :P

Hugh_Jones:
Hi Jethro. Are you going to heat the polytunnels from your wind turbine as well?

I`m afraid it`s 30 years or more since I grew `mums and at least 10 since I grew dahlias, so I`, way out of date with the varieties, but I can still remember the basics, and I still have all my old manuals.

I grew mainly late Exhibition and Incurved `mums, with a few garden varieties, and Decorative and Pom-Pom dahlias, as well as the Coltness Hybrids for bedding.
So..where do you want to start?

jethro:
Hi Hugh, i'm not heating the tunnels, She Who Must Be Obeyed at ALL times wants the incurved & cactus varieties, (the size of dinner plates) also the pom poms (dahlias). ;D so any help with the soil conditions ie acid alkali would be helpful. Also what is meant by stopping the plant ???

Cheers Hugh ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version