Author Topic: Pesticides - info and newsletter  (Read 2399 times)

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
Pesticides - info and newsletter
« on: March 21, 2004, 09:34:32 »
Hi all - there's a list of garden pesticides withdrawn from the market on http://www.pan-uk.org/lap/withdrawals.htm.

Pesticides Action Network have also started an e-mail monthly newsletter for lotties and gardens - apparently the only way you can get it is by e-mailing a person whose address can't be found on their website!

I've just got the first two - haven't looked at them yet, so I've no idea what they're like.  But if anybody else is interested, send me a message and I'll pass on the addy.

All best - Gavin

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:Pesticides - info and newsletter
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 16:52:29 »
Thanks Gavin-this is interesting. The only product on the  list that I use is Armillatox and I bought some earlier this year,it was classified as a path cleaner and no longer had the info leaflet on dilution rates for other purposes.

So-I wonder if I am breaking the law?-oh what the hel* I smoked a joint when I was 15 ;D(and long since stopped btw).

Stephan
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 16:53:35 by cleo »

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
Re:Pesticides - info and newsletter
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 19:14:41 »
From one of the links off the page mentioned above,

Note on tar acids: the two tar acid products (Jeyes Fluid and Armillatox) are not being completely withdrawn.  You can continue to use them for cleaning patios or structures like greenhouses or flower pots but you should no longer use them on plants.

a change-of-label job?  

All best, Gavin

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal