Author Topic: re-wording of a question  (Read 1049 times)

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
re-wording of a question
« on: June 27, 2006, 09:48:50 »
Wonder if I can ask this question again please.....

Can tomato feed (normally used for tomatoes & courgettes) kill off or damage other plants (especially young lettuce) if used 'accidentally' on them??

H.P.

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
Re: re-wording of a question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 09:50:19 »
You're not being ignored HP, just don't know the answer

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 09:50:42 »
hmnmmm, I wouldn't have thought so HP, unless the mix was very strong....I suppose it could cause some scorching.  I would have though wind damage would cause that blackening.  I sometimes use tom feed on other things when I have a drop to use up and have never known it be a problem.

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 10:39:43 »
sorry guys - didn't mean to be insistent!.....just thought maybe that bit had 'got lost' in rest of my ramblings - which I tend to do  :)

well it was quite windy but been much worse since those little lettuce plants have sat where they are but it does look like 'scorch'.....maybe they were just a bit too delicate for the feed - it went 'over some other things' as well which seem ok (including radish)

thanks anyway

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 11:00:06 »
HP - you say 'on them' - ie spilt on foliage? Well, yes - scorch - same like water. And many feeds are suitable as foliar feeds.

Although 'seedlings' would not benefit from a feed, it would not have got to the roots - so no result from the nutrient make-up.

As to what for what, we use a 2-1-4 ('Tom') feed on our cus. As recommended.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 11:08:21 »
I have also been know to use tomato feed on my hanging baskets/tubs of flowers in the absence of any other fertiliser/feed. All with no problems ;D
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal