The Show > Sunflowers

The great a4all sunflower competition!

(1/15) > >>

legless:
The rules (so far/ at the moment)

1. you choose your own variety
2. sowing date to correspond with the sowing date for the Gardener's World sunflower trial, however you can sow later if you cannot make that date.
3. use whatever technique you can to grow the tallest flower.
4. measuring date yet to be set but expected to correspond with gardener's world trial date (approx 80 days from sowing date)
5. measurements should be accompanied by a photo showing a bamboo cane marked with tape at 1 foot/ 30 cm intervals with a 1 foot/ 30 cm ruler taped to it for scale.
6. competition is open to anyone including children of members
7. the winner shall be the grower of the tallest sunflower.
8. no cheating  ;D

sound reasonable?

so on to the competition  - may the tallest sunflower win!

to join the competition please post on this thread, including variety of sunflower where possibel!

;D

legless:
i'll start as i'm here

i shall be entering with "giant single' from mr fothergills.

NGOH (Rick) shall also enter with same variety

Debs:
SO,

You too must be a reader/subscriber to Gardens Monthly,  cos guess what - thats the variety me and mine are growing, and with a height of between 6-15ft there will be serious competition
since we belong to the same 'lottie' !!

Shall inform the children to be on lookout for any shifty-eyed legless-looking types who may wander past the plot with notepad, pen and camera  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D

legless:
actually i paid for my seeds debs!  ;)

p.s. you'll have to visit the plot to spot me mate! ;D

busy_lizzie:
I am also registering as a Contender.  My seeds will be Asda's Giant Russian sunflowers (sounds strong and bold doesn't it?) My husband Mike will also compete using Mr. Fothergill's Giant Single sunflower. We agree to abide by the rules. Let the biggest and best win!   ;D busy_lizzie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version