Author Topic: Vegetable gallery  (Read 1405 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Vegetable gallery
« on: June 18, 2006, 11:58:12 »
Had a busy Friday on my plot and came home with plenty to feed us up over the weekend.

Needed to clear a patch of volunteer spuds to plant yet another row of tomato plants and ended up filling a bucket with 9Ib of perfect little spuds!

Picked loads of strawbs and peas again and started to dig any onions where the stems have been bent over.  No apparent rot yet.  However, dug some garlic, and there is very obvious rot on those.

Stephan, that lovely little cardoon baby you sent me 3 years ago is now a 12 foot monster!  No chance of me gazing into the flowers watching the bumble bees get drunk this year!

There are more photos, but I am sticking those into my blog, which I am updating right this moment!  ;D

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Vegetable gallery
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 22:10:24 »
Ohhhh E.J. what a nice cardoon that is i think i am a little bit envious. ;D ;D ;D ;D

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 08:49:08 »
mine's is ickle :( no chance of the bumbees getting tipsy on mine :(
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Leonnie

• Acre
    • A Country Garden
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 09:19:57 »
The onions look lovely EJ, mine aren't nearly as big yet. :) Lots of people have cardoons, can you eat them? At our site they're usually left to flower so I wondered if they're edible.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 12:22:50 »
I understand the stems are edible - you wrap them up to blanch them.  Never tried myself, one day I will.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal