Author Topic: The big dig  (Read 1770 times)

Dombou

The big dig
« on: June 19, 2006, 22:05:59 »
Anyone see that the big dig was back on BBC 2 yesterday at 10am.  Picked up from where it left off and even though Simon Mayo said about tomorrows programme it is not on again until next Sunday.

deboydoyd

• Half Acre
  • Bit of digging - it'll be fine
Re: The big dig
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 22:15:40 »
Missed it, was hoping the BBC might put it on 'watch again' but no such luck as yet!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 22:51:59 »
Bugger >:( I missed it too ::) and I have a reminder on my PC to tell me to watch it :P If anyone finds a memory anywhere it's probably mine :-\ ;D

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 18:41:05 »
you are really not missing much guys ... in fact, I'll give you a summary of Sunday's show .....

Doris* starts to plant some more flowers, on husband Bert's* allotment.  Meanwhile in London, Holly* and her dad Ben* do a nettle test to see if they really do sting and then test some dock leaves to see if they make a blind bit of difference to the stinging ::).  

Back in Wales, Doris has got two plants into her upturned chimney.  Bob* is worried as the worlds most expensive and only blight resistent variety of potatoes, still haven't surfaced.  Joe's* runner beans have started to grow, but he is worried about the wind, so he's going to tie them to their canes.  The pond liner has arrived, along with half the contents of Kew to go into said pond.  In London you might think that Rob* knows what is is doing up that ladder, but you would be mistaken  :o 

(*  names have been changed to protect the innocent  8) )

Call me anytime if you miss any of your other telly favourites  ;D ;D

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 04:58:29 »
Great cannot wait sounds more exciting that eastenders or corinationstreet  ;D (If you like corrie or eastenders I do appologies in advance.)

Meanwhile in London, Holly* and her dad Ben* do a nettle test to see if they really do sting and then test some dock leaves to see if they make a blind bit of difference to the stinging .

Hey it works when you are like bellow a certain age then the sting stays!

And no I have not tried it but it is through an accidental nettling and guess what a dock was close buy. It may work for some but me nope sorry.

Edit: Once is not really a fair test. If I nettle myself again I will report if a dock sorts it out!

The_Snail
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 05:05:49 by the_snail »
Be kind to slugs and snails!

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 12:05:33 »
I got nettled the other day - hadn't realised they were there as I sat down on a path wearing shorts... the only thing I had in the first aid box was a tube of ammonia insect bite stuff - and boy did it work!

A whole legful of OUCH shut up in seconds. And didn't do much more than tingle slightly for the rest of the day, then disappeared. This contrasts with the previous week when I weeded a nettle seedling with a bare hand and it stung just under the nail - that hurt for a couple of days making typing hard. If only I'd tried the ammonia!

On The Big Dig, I recorded the first ones last year and have started getting the previously unbroadcast ones now. I intend to wait until I've got all of them, then bung them all back on the machine and edit all the repeating bits/presenter/titles out. Hopefully I'll end up with something rather shorter which is more watchable without needing the FF button to be pressed...

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal