Author Topic: Tomato - twin cordons?  (Read 862 times)

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
Tomato - twin cordons?
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:22:02 »
Have a Gardeners Delight, which I accidentally snapped in half early on, and shoved into a corner to be disposed of at a later date.
It now has 2 beautifully formed main stems, a perfect "Y" shape.
Somewhere here, someone posted about training these nicely, think it was Tim, can't be sure, can't find the post. Just for fun, would like to have a go - could of course try something out but would like to follow something someone else has done.
Have loads of other tomato plants set out, trained on strings, but its nice to have a bit of interest - so - help, someone please?
Its still in a largeish pot at the moment, am wanting to get it set out very soon.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Re: Tomato - twin cordons?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 12:39:43 »
Quite a few of my toms in the greenhouse 'branched' (didn't get the sideshoot, or both had flowers).  I have just tied a piece of string around the new shoot and tied the other end to wires running along the greenhouse. Then continue to treat both as cordons. Spotted a 'brancher' on the outdoors toms today - you can see from my rig that all I need to do is tie another piece of string on to the new shoot, and tie the other end to the frame. Easy peasy ;)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 13:21:49 »
Soooo neat!!

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 18:09:07 »
Sure I didn't copy that idea from you tim? :P

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 18:16:42 »
At least my 2 doubles will make up for the 2 blind ones!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal