Author Topic: They are taking liberties!!  (Read 1591 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
They are taking liberties!!
« on: June 09, 2006, 09:44:13 »
I have decided I must buy a screen for my back door. If I leave the back door open for a couple of minutes and go to another room Mr Blackbird arrives in the kitchen.I am sure he watches from the garden. Yesterday I thought I would close back door and leave porch door open (have got a couple of plants in porch) Five minutes later I heard a  noise, looked through window of back door and there were two starlings (squabbling) and one black bird in the porch. Opened back door to shoo them out, dog came flying through from lounge and all hell let loose. Other than the "presents" I am left I do find it amusing.
Lorna.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: They are taking liberties!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 14:36:46 »
Blackbirds are so funny. I sat and watch Billy Blackbird feeding his chick. The chick was sat in front of the rabbit hutch,the rabbit being out on the lawn. One of the doors of the hutch was open and Billy was jumping in,hopping down to the closed end and helping himself to the rabbit food,then he hopped all the way out again and fed bits to his chick.  ::)  8)  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 16:32:28 »
Generally Elsa now ignores the birds when they are on the lawn but they mustn't come too near back porch. I think she is just fed up with chasing them and then seeing them sitting on the gazebo frame taking the mickey :) However she does seem to have a hatred for the big fat pigeons, can't be a bad thing!! Even the shy greenfinches ignore her now.
Lorna

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 13:04:58 »
Two lovely stories there.  I love blackbirds too.  We have a resident pair in the garden, and for the past few years they've had 2 or 3 broods a year.  They both love the bird bath but I have noticed that if Mr B is in there and his OH comes along, she makes him get out as she isn't prepared to wait  :)  This is all happening about 5 feet away from Merlin who is fast asleep near to his catmint  ::)  I hope we get such a friendly pair at our new home.
MM

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 16:29:08 »
Merlins Mum when I first took up this new hobby I was a little worried as Lorna has two cats. We have a five foot fence between us and a couple of times Laura or Alfie have sat on the fence looking at the birds. However Elsa has hit the fence at about 50miles per hour so they don't venture there any more :) At least the birds are safe. I had four youngsters (blackbirds) on the lawn yesterday.
Lorna

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal