Author Topic: tomato blight  (Read 1330 times)

Ricado

• Half Acre
tomato blight
« on: June 09, 2006, 20:24:09 »
am i the ony one that finds tomato blight more and more common.  Ive got it inside, outside all vars especially the potato leaved beefy tomatoes ( i have an expert opion that confirms that it is early blight.  I still suspect something else too though.  There is also blossom end rotand botyritis on flowers and fruit  :( >:(.  Id say my toms have something in common with lambs and that is their only intention is to die !  The best toms i have are my own at home, the new greenhouse is growing fine and there is hardly a mark on any of those leaves ! ???
growing, growing, growing, growing, growing ...sleeping

amphibian

Re: tomato blight
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 20:42:03 »
I have early blight too, have done for a week or so. I have had to destroy several plants, the rest are limping on.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 10:53:05 »
I would like to ask a couple of questions;

1) Do you grow indoors/outdoors?

2) If indoors do you grow them in the same bed each year?

Where I am going with this I get the feeling the problem is in your soil!

As I was always taught never plant tomatoes in the same ground two years running.

If stuck for space,that is, its the only space you have then dig out the soil after cropping and replace it.

I am quite lucky in so far as I have three greenhouses so I can use a three year rotation which seems to work.

Occasionally if moving a compost heap I will replace the soil in a bed/s but that is 'hoss' work so I keep that to a minimum, more so now that I am knocking on a bit 8)

Ricado

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 20:22:34 »
indoors in pots (disinfected) and disinfected glasshouse

outdoors on lottie, first year.  Less blight here i think some drought and general necrosis has occurred here.
growing, growing, growing, growing, growing ...sleeping

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal