Author Topic: Incubator - changed from I just want to cry!  (Read 17517 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Incubator - changed from I just want to cry!
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 18:26:56 »
Nice one. Let's hope it's an omen; I've got an interview myself on Tuesday.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2006, 20:47:38 »
congratulations, well done, and all the best.

fantastic news.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2006, 08:04:52 »
I'm still shellshocked!  :o :o  RObert - good luck for Tuesday!!! ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2006, 08:51:30 »
Thanks, I need it.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2006, 20:47:17 »
Congrats Oliveoil!  :)

Dying for Wednesday and your hatchings!

Good luck Robert  :)

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2006, 15:56:41 »
Oh great OO thats a good start good luck with hatchings,
Robert good luck to you as well fingers crossed

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2006, 22:50:02 »
Heidi - I'm dying to get the hatchings!!!! I cracked 3 open today, 1 stopped developing day 8 ish and the other 2 i reckon day 14 ish.  So now im paranoid that the whole lot are dead in shell!  I've increased ventilation, its really humid here and dont want to put any water in the bator til i see them pip!

I cant hear anything from them yet, the eggs arent rolling around and its very frustrating.  Stopped turning today. Gave everything a quick candle - saw 2 move bu t the rest are still  - hence my worry!  I just hope i havent come this far to have them all DIShell.

I was hoping we would have some on wednesday - but other have said its not unusual to have banty's hatch on day 21 or later... so could be friday or weekend!  Gosh i hope not.

I'll keep you posted!

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2006, 13:53:28 »
It would be a real shame if they didn't hatch but at least two of them are okay so far, just think if you had given up when the incubator did you wouldn't even have them.  Not much comfort while you're waiting I know but it's important to think positive.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2006, 16:13:31 »
cracked another few eggs today - most were small with a bigger one dead in shell... but this one had feathers developing!  So all is not lost.. as they rest are looking pretty ok... only saw 2 move again... the suspense is killing me!

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2006, 11:02:28 »
the suspense is killing me!

And us..

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2006, 11:31:29 »
Still nothing!  I've been advised to shut the door and never look again until day 21! I thought day 19 as they are bantams but as they most of them are 'large' bantams then they will prob hatch with the LF i have in there so i'm afraid a few more days yet! And yes i want to die.

completely ignoring the advice given i took a sneaky peak at the eggs and noticed that the air sacks seem to have 'suddenly' got bigger (was getting a bit worried yesterday)... might put a bit of water in there now but its good news i think... still didnt see movement so its all touch and go! heheeh

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2006, 17:47:33 »
keeping everything cross OO!

:-X
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2006, 18:34:46 »
Hi OO, found this ?

Hi I am nbstuart and have been buying and selling eggs for hatching for some years now .Here are a few things to consider and a few tips to help you get the best results from your purchase.
When buying eggs it always pays to try and go for the ones advertising "special delivery next day " service,it costs more but the eggs are kept seperate from the normal mail. Another advantage is that they are not put through the machinery and are generally sorted by hand.
Look for sellers who pack in polystyrene boxes specially made for sending eggs through the post,you will have less broken ones.
. Eggs are remarkable in that they will keep for 10/15 days if kept cool. [10/12 degrees c]
When they arrive open them and check to see they are all ok, take off the foam wrap, then leaving the top of the box off  if you are not going to hatch them immediately,put them with the eggs pointy end down in  the box and tilt the box to about 45 degrees. Then twice daily move the box to 45 degrees the other way from \ to / then when you're ready put them in your incubator,or under your broody.
When you get them {and i don't want to teach granny to suck eggs just want to be helpful } please rest them for 24hrs before putting them in the incubator or under a broody,if you are going to incubate them strait away this should be at room temperature.If not 10 degrees c
I set my incubator [forced air auto turn] at 37.8 c and humidity around 45/55% and now I always put the eggs pointy end down not on their side and turn them through 42 degrees either side .
Leave them for 17 days for bantams 19 days for large fowl and then lay them on their side, but don't turn them at all for the last 2 days. If you can increase the humidity to around 65/70% for this period that would be better . I have had better results since I started doing them this way.
Anyway best of luck with the hatching .

I did find my black silkies eggs bought at MM market hatched 2 days after day 21 good luck with yours mine should be Sunday 25th under broody I am getting nervous now must candle before too late that should be fun.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2006, 21:07:22 »
Ooo where was that from PP????

I have candled again - i know i shouldnt have but im gla di did coz i saw 19 MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! def alive and kicking - could see some legs and feet... tres cool!  have put the suspect ones in teh middle but at least i know they are alive now!

Will keep you posted - so far nothing is hatching! tres disappointment.

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2006, 22:11:39 »
Hi OO,
Not PP but Ebay,
 I was surprised found it when I was checking out hatching eggs it was under reveiws people write articules.
Never seen it before most interesting thought I would share it.
First hatch with using a candler two chicks hatched and waiting for the other two I candled and the one I saw the head move oh the feeling of awe I felt so excited nearly dropped the darn egg.
The 4 hatched but one was sprayed legs did not make it but 3 ended up pullets the one I saw the head of is a beautiful white and brown tipped feathered  hen she is special to me.
Keep us posted on your hatch

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2006, 09:20:44 »
def alive and kicking

Fantastic ;D ;D

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2006, 10:37:55 »
Oooo i wonder how Roberts Interview went!!! Kieeping everything crossed for him still!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2006, 20:02:13 »
Sorry. I didn't get it, but I have some inside info on another school which is advertising, so continue to keep those fingers crossed!

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2006, 20:05:20 »
Fingers, toes and everything else for the next one robert :-*

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2006, 21:03:41 »
I am with supersprout keep going Robert something will come along.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal