General > Pets Corner

My baby...

<< < (2/2)

Andi:
Mimi he does have his own chair!
                              ...but we're teaching him to share it.

He's such a sweetie, but he does get a bit 'bitey' when he has teething trouble...hence the pics of his teeth!

I just hope he grows into his ears one day  ;D

Granny_Smith:
My daughter has 2 German Shepherds- one is a 4 year old rescued dog, and the other one is a 13 weeks old puppy (you should see the size of his feet and ears !). Both are adorable and brilliant with her two young children - I'd hate to be the stranger who tries to approach the kids, as the bigger dog is very, very protective towards them. It took him a little time to accept that as their granny I am allowed to get near them and touch and play with them - he used to position himself between me and the children, then stand and look into my face which was a bit scary. He's OK now and lets me walk into the house unannounced, then comes and has a big fuss made of him. The puppy, well what can anyone say about a puppy. He looks like a big black furry teddybear. Totally mad and thinks he's one of the children !!

eileen:
what a great batch of photographs Andi. :D

Like EJ I loved the one of him in the woods.

Notice he still has his 'puddy paws', sure he'll grown into them and his ears before you know it.

He's good looking now can't wait until he's fully grown. He'll be a stunner!  ;D

Eileen.

Andi:
awwww puddy paws!

I know what you mean about acceptance Granny Smith.  Took us a few weeks to show him whos boss and he still tests us!  When we got him at 4 months old, I took him for a walk on our local park, there must have been a party at a house nearby as they set off fireworks...he just stood and watched them, not a bark or a wimper...nothing...totally fearless!  It was then I knew he was an alpha....that and the psychological games he plays!

Luckily my partner and I have some experience with GS's.  I think out of all the breeds we've had between us the GS is the most reliable friend and fearless protector you'll ever have, as long as your strong and consistant in your guidance.

I cant wait to see what he looks like when he's bigger....  ;D  I've love to get him into agility, love that at Crufts!

eileen:
I agree with you there Andi!

It's about the only time my nose is stuck to the TV.  :D

The dogs just seem to be having sooooo much fun don't they?

Eileen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version