Author Topic: Open Day  (Read 1650 times)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Open Day
« on: May 13, 2006, 21:05:37 »
Hello to all and Sundry,

I am treasurer of a private site Littleover Lane Allotments Derby we are just off the Ring Road A511 near Normanton Park, not the ones you drive past on the ring road but very near POSTCODE DE23 6JH for those who use sites like Multimap..

Over the last few years we have built up a museum of Horticulture and a school visits centre, we also have facilities that are used by L Cheshire and Wetherby Day centre. We have Disabled Access and Toilets etc... and received a special mention in the East Midlands in Bloom award.

We are opening on Sunday 4th June 10:00am to 4:00pm for the NGS (Yellow Book) Charities Entry £2 and £1... if any body is interested please come along. We can do private visits any evening and are open Wed and Sun 2-4:30 if you want to come along. Will be open again for NGS in early Sept,  Sunday the third.

Thanks!
 :)

Curryandchips

• Hectare
Re: Open Day
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 22:43:08 »
I am not in your area Saddad, but I wish you luck ...
The impossible is just a journey away ...

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 22:59:58 »
i'm too far away too, but i hope it's a great success, and wish you well.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 23:57:24 »
Wish I lived nearer too, but have a brilliant day! It sounds like an amazing site and very welcoming!  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 23:18:59 »
I was busy at Nottingham's Green Festival today but I'll be PMing you in due course to arrange an evening visit on behalf of Nottingham Organic Gardeners Society.

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 13:31:16 »
Excellent, I look forward to hearing from you Dj, we have a group of 40 ish coming across from Swadlincote this Thursday and a group from Rugely have expressed an interest. It went well we took over £450, £200 on the gate for NGS and another £120 for Breast Cancer. The only spoiler was someone helped themselves to some Fuschias from one of the show plots... it might not have been a guest, I have had snowdrops dug up from a shady bit I was trying to naturalise two years running!
 >:(

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 17:43:15 »
Thanks to who ever it was came up to derby and brought seven other family members round to see us, they told one lady they had seen the ad. on the internet!
 :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal