Author Topic: Crinkly leaves on Peppers  (Read 2207 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
Crinkly leaves on Peppers
« on: May 27, 2006, 10:24:53 »
The leaves mainly on the top of my chilli and pepper plants are very crinkled and curly.  :(   At first I thought it might be greenfly as they have attacked my aubergines but on close inspection there is no trace of any insect.  Could it be that the greenhouse has been too cold for them or, could it be that the sun has damaged them.   :-\  I have them on a shelf in the GH and they are fairly near the glass. 

Has anyone else had this problem with chilli and peppers and should I take the affected leaves off? 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 23:05:49 by Paulines7 »

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: Crinkly leaves on Peppers
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 20:36:31 »
You don't mention if the crinkly and DRY

Quote; could it be that the sun has damaged them.   Undecided  I have them on a shelf in the GH and they are fairly near the glass.

If so I think they may as you say have got scorched by being to near to the glass.

Quote; Has anyone else had this problem with chilli and peppers and should I take the affected leaves off?

I have had similar problems with other plants, but not peppers. Regarding removing the damaged leaves; I would they will not be any good to the plant in such a state, and could lead to other problems.

Sorry I can't be of more help than this.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 20:49:45 »
Thank you TG.  Some of the plants are completely crinkled and if I take the leaves off they would be bare.  I have moved them to the ground to see if they recover.  Some of the soil in the pots were very dry so maybe it is a lack of regular watering and being scorched in the sun.   SUN,  WHAT SUN?  Haven't had much down here in Wiltshire.   :(

I have set up a watering system on a timer so they may get better treatment from now on.   ;D

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 21:15:47 »
The more mature plants in my greenhouse all crinkly too.  :'(
Have never known it before
Am hoping that they will "grow out of it"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal