Author Topic: Are slug pellets frowned upon?  (Read 4176 times)

Dunc_n_Tricia

• Quarter Acre
  • It's Cheaper Than Joining a Gym!
Re: Are slug pellets frowned upon?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 15:56:38 »
I like the idea of coffee powered super frogs  :D ;D :D Maybe I should market them???

Loulou, I think it is worth a go. I sprinkled some around the outdoor staging the day before
the whole yard got done this year because it was raining. It seemed to work as my sweetcorn was un-nibbled.

Tricia :-*

For the record, I usually coffee the lottie a couple of weeks before tender plants get put in, and then just coffee around the edges of the beds occasionally (maybe twice a year) during the growing season. I have no idea if I would end up with coffee flavoured tomatoes, but i don't fancy trying it out.

I also don't add coffee to my young seedlings. Again, i don't know if there would be any side effects, but I'm not risking my little plants to find out. I use coffee everywhere else (walls too) and it works for me.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 16:52:48 »
In a frame, as said, for the 'non- organic' ones, but also, as said elsewhere, under any other suitable cover. 

Slugs may 'burrow', but snails certainly don't!!

slippy fly

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 22:03:20 »
Fascinating stuff regarding the coffee and I will give it a try as anything is worth trying as I see slug pellets as the very last resort.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool,
he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me
then come out fighting on the other side."
Bill Shankly

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 22:58:06 »
Several books refer to diatomos (?) earth apparently tiny splinters of shells does anyone know anything about it where you can get it?
 ???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal