Author Topic: Bullet Bit!  (Read 1805 times)

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
Bullet Bit!
« on: May 20, 2006, 17:03:55 »
I could wait no longer!  The runner beans and courgettes have gone in!  Hopefully tomorrow I can get some canes and the tomatoes can go in along with the squash ans some strawberry plants promised from my dad.

I hope they will be ok!!!!   :-\
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Bullet Bit!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 17:43:08 »
Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you ::).....do you have any fleece/netting you can shield them from the wind with? And, with this rain, something to feed the slugs & snails? :P

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 18:07:03 »
Mine are all in, the sweetcorn will be in next Friday.  I have to get it all in before the kids are off for half term.  I am confident (fingers and toes crossed) that all will be well!

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 19:06:23 »
hoping to get my courgettes, squash and pumpkins in week after next .... SURELY we've seen the last of the frosts ??

My sweetcorn has been in for a couple of weeks (under fleece) and so far so good.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 21:30:25 »
Good luck everyone, we must surely be getting some hot weather soon. I am definitely taking the plunge next week and putting lots of things out, though it will be middle of June before I am risking my squash.  It is a bit like your babies you have to let me go sometime!!  ;D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 10:15:43 »
I'm holding out for half term, Bank Holiday, next weekend... just before our open day on the 3rd!
 ;D

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 10:58:54 »
Put the sweetcorn in last week as it was growing out of their paper tubes and put the squash out yesterday, but was very worried about how they were being blown about by the wind - they're in now, so fingers crossed.

Still have the beans to go in, although I did drop a few seeds in between the sunflowers - no show as yet.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 23:02:19 »
Moved the first toms out into the big frames, only to get caught in a hail storm and drop one of the lights in the rush, it broke but I still have all my fingers.... just!
 :'(

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 00:40:52 »
following temperature drop dashed back to the lottie last night to wrap sweetcorn and peas in fleece, having only removed it on Sunday ....

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal