Author Topic: my new best friend  (Read 2135 times)

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
my new best friend
« on: May 21, 2006, 07:33:56 »
Mr Blackie

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
Re: my new best friend
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 09:03:12 »
I have a best friend who looks just like that ::) he brings his children in to our garden and feasts on sultanas,raisins and snails :) /shades x
grow your own way

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 10:00:29 »
GW Lovely photo once again. Wish I had a camera good enough to take pics of my new friends. My blackbirds are getting pretty tame so maybe soon I will be able to get near enough to get some pics with my (not expensive) digi camera.
Lorna

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 10:12:58 »
i don't have an expensive camera either L
i'm using an olympus FE100 ( birthday prezzie off mr gw)
my birds have just learnt that to get food they must let me take their picture ;D ;D

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 10:39:45 »
Well at least hes grateful enough to you to stop for a second with a smile which is more than mine will allow.

Great pic GW :)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 13:52:07 »
I do like your blackbird  GW.  He is starting to look a bit 'tatty' now, poor thing with all the back n forth feeding his  young.  I have about 6 Blackbirds enjoying my raisons, cheese, bread, seed plus the rest and I just cannot get them to stay still long enough for a pic.  Will keep trying, but my batteries go flat with the on off switch being used so much!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 14:40:38 »
GW. I do have  (what I call) a normal camera. My eldest daughter bought it for us the year before the kids bought the digi for our 50th. I think I might sport a film and see if I can catch them with that camera. Here's hoping. I think I will also try and make up a record with the video camera, at least I will be able to look at that ;D
Lorna.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 20:28:41 »
Lovely pics GW.   ;D  ;D  Poor Mr Blackbird, he does look worn out doesn't he.   :(

janet h 1948

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 21:40:39 »
We have a traumatised cat who is afraid to go into the back garden. She was dive bombed by a blackie on several occasions. She now sits under the hedge at the front. She isn't frightened by a collared dove though. 

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 06:41:02 »
he's very bedraggled looking but he still has a twinkle in his eye ;D
i also video the birds L.i have some lovely footage of a blue tit feeding her young & lots of closeups of butterflies & bees slurping up yummy sweet nectar ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 09:54:56 »
Aaaaw GW I love Mr Blackie!  My blackbird "Billy" is hard at it too. I was watching him yesterday,he lost one of his babies and was in a panic. Calling for her and fluttering his wings....she was just hiding in a rhodedenron and jumped out at him! He made her sit in a tree by my fence and then went off to get the other baby.  The babies were both on the table on the deck this morning when I opened the curtains. My son spilled a load of rabbit food and they had scoffed the lot...all suitably moistened by the rain. He also left the bag with the old sawdust and bedding in it wide open too so the blackbirds have been rooting around in that...it is soggy wet mess and all over the place! I don't mind though  :)

I'm sure Billy has furnished all the gardens with all his babies over the years,there only seemed to be him when I first moved here but now there are loads of blackbirds. In the evening it is lovely to see them all perched on the houses singing their hearts out.

I've just seen a Greenfinch in the garden..first time ever!   ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal